Seeker Rods Sold

Started by SoCalAngler, February 13, 2014, 02:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

I have known about this for a couple of weeks now but wanted to wait before saying anything until it was made more public. Seeker was sold to a So Cal local fisherman named Eric Maulhardt and the former manager, Darin Dohi will be moving on. There is no plans to move manufacturing offshore has some have been saying. Randy has a other stuff going on as well but will work with Seeker as a consultant.

alantani

i know darin.  good guy.  i hope he lands on his feet!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Hope they don't mess up. I like Seeker rods.

Aiala

Quote from: mrbrklyn on February 17, 2014, 08:36:55 PM
The Terez radio telegraphs the fishbites to my hands.

B'emet?? Shi'gaon.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Serrations

Being in Illinois I have a (mostly) St Croix rod collection focused on freshwater.
I ordered one of Seeker's 8' live bait Stealth rods (w Avet MXL) for use on the Wisconsin River for Lake Sturgeon.
Compares well in quality, and casts (practice) like a dream. I haven't made the trip yet so it is unfished.
I'm expecting great results from it, and hope this company continues to move forward!
(side note) Seeker rods have suddenly appeared for sale (with reduced prices) on WallyMarts website.
I hope it all works out for the good.

sundaytrucka

All I can say is keep the quality at a consistent level and they should be fine. Don't fire the blank rollers and sanders, should work out.

From what I have heard, take this as you may, Seeker majority was bought or backed by a Korean firm.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

stevennc

I liked Seeker when the majority of the blanks were made in the U.S. Things are changing and many fisherman are jumping on every selling point coming out with new rods. A lot of those selling points are being made overseas due to epa BS. They have fallen far behind when it comes to technology of other brands as well. I am not the most technologically advanced fisherman , and really like a lot of their  classic taper blanks that they make here. Also have an SS ulua and a 8' black steel. I think we will see a huge shift of production to overseas. I am already looking into Rainshadow and United composites No more brand loyalty for me.

SoCalAngler

Quote from: sundaytrucka on February 25, 2014, 03:38:11 AM
All I can say is keep the quality at a consistent level and they should be fine. Don't fire the blank rollers and sanders, should work out.

From what I have heard, take this as you may, Seeker majority was bought or backed by a Korean firm.

Where did you get this info? Was it from Eric Maulhardt or his partner in the purchase Chris?

whalebreath

Quote from: SoCalAngler on February 25, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

Where did you get this info? Was it from Eric Maulhardt or his partner in the purchase Chris?
Yes I'm very interested to know as well because Maulhardt has said he's keeping production in the USA.

sundaytrucka

Purely tackle shop gossip, this was before Eric had a partner in the deal, rumored there were investors from China and Korean that were interested.

I hope production stays here and they take the company to the next level, I have always been a Seeker fan.

Quote from: SoCalAngler on February 25, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

fishmeluck

I was out today buying some fishing rods, private party, and surprise, surprise, who did I meet than none other than the new owner of Seeker, Eric Maulhardt. We had a nice chat in his garage for about an hour, and I left (with four new fishing rods) thinking he's a very nice fellow with some good ideas about what to do with the company.

Eric told me many interesting things about current events in the SoCal fishing rod industry, including much about what he is doing with Seeker, and I don't mind saying a few nice things. It sounded like he's made some very constructive production changes since taking over. He located in Orange so he could retain as many long term employees as possible, many of whom live in Long Beach. Seeker still makes their own blanks, in Washington (state). He is committed to keeping Seeker all American. And based on what I heard, I would be comfortable buying a few more Seeker rods in the future.

Anyway, that's my opinion ;D!

[This was a random and unexpected event. Author does not own stock in Seeker. No animals were harmed while writing this. Results may vary ...]
Give a man a fish and he will have fish for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

conchydong

I have always liked Seeker rods. Lets hope that the tradition continues.

Swami805

I've been using seeker rods since  they started making composite blanks back in the day. I still have a dozen or so of the old gold label honey glass graphite composites that I still use. Hope they stick with it, great rods.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

whalebreath

Quote from: conchydong on February 27, 2017, 01:49:06 AM
I have always liked Seeker rods. Lets hope that the tradition continues.
Yeah me too their slighter slower action just suits my style no matter the angling application.

Caseymcv