New old stock Newell parts

Started by Hamachi, February 18, 2014, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hamachi,

Thank you very much for your offer to ship, That was really nice of you. I just got off the phone with Sav-On and talked with an employee who had no problem shipping the items to me but sadly someone came in yesterday and purchased a lot of the parts. I was able to score on 3 complete bridge assemblies with gears but no handles or stars, some 200 and 300 side plate rings and 3 aluminum clamps. There are other parts still left but from my phone conversation it was tough to tell exactly what reel they were for. Again, thank you for posting and your offer to ship.

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Hamachi

Yeah, I spoke to Joey I think, he said they ship but someone else said no? Sorry for any misinformation I relayed, but I knew some of you guys would be interested in these items. I myself have 5 newells but have never experienced any real problems, guess I don't fish them hard enough, to warrant buying a bunch of extra parts that I may or may not need in the future. I'll probably regret that decision though. Maybe another wave of parts will come through. By the way, I'm looking for a front crossbar for a 641, it had a screw broken off in it when I bought it new, years ago. Kind of buggered it up trying to get it out of there. Been fishing it that way, still waiting for it to tear apart. 3 inches exactly. Thanks, Warren
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Frank

Hamachi, No misinformation at all. I didn't get the guys name yesterday but when I asked if they will ship the parts he told me I have to come down to the store to get them. I said that would be kind of tough because I live in Connecticut and he stated "Sorry but they have to be picked up".
It was Joe that I spoke to today. Very helpful, nice guy and my parts are on the way

Frank

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 18, 2014, 11:31:59 PM
I called to check to see if they had a part that I was looking for...and they didn't. 

Bryan, what part are you looking for? If I have it it's yours.

Newell Nut

Gregg Chow went by there today and he a lot of what he saw in bridges were aftermarkets by some body and on original Newell parts. Buyer beware. Gregg did not get anything for me or himself.

Hamachi

I guess the theory that these were his parts in blown all to heck! Or does it?

Frank

Quote from: Newell Nut on February 20, 2014, 01:15:10 AM
Gregg Chow went by there today and he a lot of what he saw in bridges were aftermarkets by some body and on original Newell parts. Buyer beware. Gregg did not get anything for me or himself.

Sorry Newell Nut but I'm having a hard time deciphering your post. Are you stating that the bridges are aftermarket and the rest of the parts are Newell?

Newell Nut

It was late and I missed a few key strokes. Aftermarket parts and not original Newell parts.

peesherman

Too bad I didn't post my parts on here before selling most of it.  I had tons of bridges, gear sleeves, 4.6, 5.5 gear sets, 6 finger aluminum stars, 6 finger P series stars, handles, side plates, bases, frames, V521 kits, etc.  No one has gotten a hold of the containers from valley.  Keith and Mace has no intentions on ever selling that stuff again for some odd reason. 

Frank

Quote from: peesherman on February 21, 2014, 12:22:07 AM
No one has gotten a hold of the containers from valley.  Keith and Mace has no intentions on ever selling that stuff again for some odd reason. 

To bad they shut down. In the short time they owned the Newell brand the quality of the parts increased immensely.

Hamachi

I went to sav-on tackle today for a surf fishing seminar. They still have one s533 nib $239.99 looks like the long screws that go all the way through the frame with rivets on the left side. Saw a few frames, handles and bridges left. Call for pricing and shipping. (562)864-2911 web search for hours. Usually 8am-7pm m-f saturday open until 6 and 5 on Sunday. They do ship!

Bryan Young

Im looking for 229 parts.  I cannot figure out why the spool is scraping the rings...maybe its a warped spool and maybe its a warped frame or just maybe its my warped mind  :o.

I always pick it up at the end of the night so maybe my brain is too tired to think clearly. I might need to get a tib frame ti see if that fixes the problem.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

peesherman

Highly doubt its a warped spool.  Do the inner rings lay flat? 

Frank

As peesherman stated it could be the inner rings. I have also seen a racked graphite frame in the past. It was the base causing the problem not the crossbars. Did everything go back together without having to apply force to get the inner ring holes to line up with the base and bars?

If the spool is just scraping slightly you can find the spot by applying a light coat of lipstick to the spool edges, reassemble the reel, rotate the spool and look to see where the lipstick has marked the inner rings. Then hit the lipstick marked spot on the inner ring with some sandpaper.

Hamachi

Bryan,

Sometimes I find the left side rubbing is the clicker, when the right side bearing cap is all the way tight. When I try to adjust left to right, they're too loose to leave in a different position. The clicker rubbing mimics spool rub, and can be remedied by filing down the back of the clicker behind the c-clip. It's a long shot, just trying to help.