Mikes Reel Repairs

Started by MFB, February 28, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFB

Has anybody else had problems with this supplier? I ordered some Shimano parts 14th December they still are on backorder & they haven't responded to my last 3 emails. I am less than impressed with their customer service.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

alantani

yeah, great website for schematics, but the parts situation has been up and down.  for most parts, i'd have to recommend the manufacturers.  for penn parts, it's mysticparts.com, for aftermarket drags and bearings, it's smoothdrag.com, and for more bearings, it's bocabearings.com.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

I waited months for Daiwa parts from them. Slow but they obtained parts I could not get from Daiwa so they are OK if you are patient.

MFB

Have used Penn Parts & Smooth Drag before & found their service excellent, especially Penn Parts sending some replacement parts after the first shipment was lost in transit. I'll put this one down to a life lesson, have now lodged a dispute with Paypal so hopefully it will be resolved. It's the lack of communication that I find most annoying.

Rgds

Mark   
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

You want me to give Lucca a buzz and see if he will go over and teach them some communicating lessons? ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: MFB on February 28, 2014, 11:04:28 PM
Have used Penn Parts & Smooth Drag before & found their service excellent, especially Penn Parts sending some replacement parts after the first shipment was lost in transit. I'll put this one down to a life lesson, have now lodged a dispute with Paypal so hopefully it will be resolved. It's the lack of communication that I find most annoying.

Rgds

Mark   
Shimano with their new on-line ordering system is pretty darn good as well.  1 or less for parts.  Funny, orders are taken at g.loomis in WA but parts are shipped from Irvine (shimano).
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MFB

Hi Shark Hunter,

I don't think putting a race horse's head in somebody's bed is the appropriate course of action just yet. This is more of a cautionary tale, as at the moment I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I appreciate the offer though :)

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

whalebreath

Here we go again............

seaeagle2

First off, let me state this is NOT directed and individual Canadians, (I probably have more Canadian relatives than you do).  As someone who has had a Canada Post mailbox, and owns rental property in Canada that involves both receiving and sending mail, I can honestly say Canada Post is third world average as far as delivery goes... factor in customs coming into and leaving the county, I can only image how Mike ever gets his inventory in, let alone is able to ship it back out.  I guess my point is even under the best of circumstances, ordering something from Canada that's not manufactured in Canada is at the end of a tenuous supply chain.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

MFB

Regardless of their geographical location, I would of thought that any business that had supply issues, would have more open lines of communication. It is not good business practice to ignore your customers, even the small ones.

Rgds

Mark  
                                                   Isaac Walton

DaBigOno

Quote from: MFB on March 01, 2014, 01:14:01 AM

Regardless of their geographical location, I would of thought that any business that had supply issues, would have more open lines of communication. It is not good business practice to ignore your customers, even the small ones.

Sorry to hear about your woes Mark.  I hope it works out for you and thanks for the heads up.

I believe that good business has no excuses.

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

This is why we ALL need to only have Penn's ;) ;D ;D ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Nuvole

When I order parts from them, I'll put the reel aside and forget about it. Someday somehow when the parts arrived, I'll be searching for the reel.
To me, reel are nothing live and death and don't care about the wait.

Irish Jigger

I seem to remember a similar thread on here some time ago when a rep from Mikes promised to improve their service.

Irish Jigger