Mikes Reel Repairs

Started by MFB, February 28, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaroman

if it's a question of a computer glitch, as Cierra explained, then I certainly take back every word & apologize.  furthermore, I'd urge people to be a bit more tolerant w/ shipping delays from international vendors & direct some of their displeasure at US Customs

on the other hand, if a vendor intentionally tries to sell a spool for the cost of a complete reel (or more), then "harsh" was my intent.  if thievery is wrong term, tell me a better one -- as long as it expresses a good measure of indignant outrage, it'll do

MFB

This was not a pricing issue for me, just a service and delivery one. I have emailed Cierra directly & hopefully this matter will be resolved soon, I did not mean to imply in any way that they were dishonest. Hopefully they can address the concerns I have raised and we can all move forward.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Ken_D

Would it not all go to what's available where? Shimano is in Japan. Here's how it works. For Canadians:
1. Order a part from the sports store.
2. The order goes to Shimano Canada in Peterborough Ontario.
3. Shimano Canada orders the parts from Shimano USA in California.
4. Japan sends the parts to Shimano USA. (if not in stock in CA)
5: Shimano USA not Shimano Canada, sends the parts to the Canadian customer, via private courier.
6: The bill comes from Shimano Canada.

An American ordering a part from Canada goes through the same process. Why not just order from Shimano USA ?

When I make an order at the local sports store, I've waited up to a month for a standard part like a line pawl for a Calcutta 700. The sports store places the order with the Shimano "rep" in Vancouver, who then sends it off, as above.

MFB

I live in New Zealand.

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

Ken_D

Quote from: MFB on March 07, 2014, 06:29:37 PM
I live in New Zealand.

Rgds

Mark

Rodger that, Mark.. Hope it all works out.  KD 

fisher480

Mike's reel repair is slow but they get there in the end. Interesting about the Canadian postage service compared to the US postage service. I was in Alaska and wanted to post some stuff back to Australia. The person at the post office said that I needed a custom's declaration and that I could only do that on line and they had no facilities to do that????? I was a tourist and found this very strange. I waited till we were back in Canada.... no problems.

Ken_D

One of the top challenges, foreign or domestic Mike's has, is one-on-one communication. I call quite often, but my odds of getting an actual human are about 20-1. So for every 20 calls, I connect with a person, but once.  I phone, and alert them to the fact I just sent an email, so be on watch for it.  Works for me. Multiple emails do nothing  but clutter their in basket.... they get between 450-600 emails a day. And, that's a whack of emails.  

Shark Hunter

Alan doesn't seem to have a problem with it and He is only one Man! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 08, 2014, 10:09:27 PM
And that's why you call him El Jefe... ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ken_D

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 08, 2014, 10:09:27 PM

Problem with what?  Phone, 500 emails daily, back orders, or ...?   I've never phoned AT, but in the dealings I've had, (emails) I've always received a reply within a few days. I have not bought overly much, mainly Penn wrenches, and a few odds and sods.

Shark Hunter

That's exactly my point Ken. Alan has no problem answering all the emails from everyone here. Sends everybody what they want. Works a full time job. Has a family Life. And seems to keep it all together to make this awesome site what it is. I don't see the problem trying to run a business when Alan can do it without blinking an eye. ;) Credit is due to the Man that earns it! And works very hard to do so.  >:(
All hail Alan! ;D
I mean El Jefe. :D
Life is Good!

MFB

Parts arrived today, so can finally put this to rest. Thanks for your help on sorting this out Cierra.

Rgds

Mark
                                                   Isaac Walton

alantani

there's alot of stuff around the house that doesn't get done.  just ask the wife!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

MFB

There is more oceans on the planet than there is land. Therefore according to the laws of nature, we should spend more time fishing than mowing lawns. ;D

Rgds

Mark 
                                                   Isaac Walton