Mikes Reel Repairs

Started by MFB, February 28, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

Quote from: Dominick on March 09, 2014, 03:52:19 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 08, 2014, 10:09:27 PM
Alan doesn't seem to have a problem with it and He is only one Man! ;)
And that's why you call him El Jefe... ;D  Dominick

in Fijian we'd call him Bosso Levu 

Reel 224

WOW!! and all that for some reel parts and US&Canadian postal service ::) oops and communication,yes that's a big one today. Glad it worked out for everyone.

Warning!! Warning!! Don't try calling Wall-Mart or dealing with them. Unless you have a degree in stopped. >:(   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ppvj64

Ive ordered parts to fix a penn 150 & 160 from mikes, The parts came fast and I fixed reels. So they were good for me ;). Im really sorry it was Scotts mysticparts not mikes

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Pete j

Ruffy

I just wanted to say I received exceptional service from Mike's. I recently ordered some parts for a pro max 5600; I needed a brass washer and c-clip. I was required to spend at least $10 so I just threw in some plastic levelwind cogs as I figured they'd be most likely to break in future. I received an email stating that the cogs were on backorder but I wanted the other parts to get this reel running. I went to send an email and noticed on the order confirmation email that it said not to email but to place all correspondence through the website (using your login). I did this and told them just to leave the price as is and send the c-clip and washer out without the cogs. Within 24 hours I had three emails in my inbox; the first stating my order had been updated, the second from paypal saying I had a partial refund and the third stating my order had been shipped. I am not sure if they don't reply to emails and thus the problems people are having but I have to say I am very happy and I have not even received the parts yet.

Reel 224

As I'm sure everyone here has dealt with problems of one sort or the other in mail orders or generally business there selves. Problem is, you can do 100 transactions right and do only one wrong you become a bad guy.

As an amateur Gun Smith I have dealt with Brownells since the early 70s, never had one problem with them in all that time...They are celebrating there 75th year in business this year. I would be surprised if anyone had anything bad to say about them,based on my experience. But that doesn't guarantee that there isn't anyone out there that has.

I'm willing to give a business the benefit of doubt until it becomes apparent they just don't care, only because I have been there and the customer isn't always right.

One more thing I would like to say. We all are dealing with big business today,huge conglomerations that treat people like dirt..there is no personal touch in there way of doing business, like it was back in the day of mom and pop stores and in my opinion we the customers carry our dislike of there treatment to others that really are trying there best to make it in small businesses. So I say direct you anger were it is needed BIG BUSINESS!! Give the little guy a break. PLEASE!! 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

ppvj64

Couldnt have said it better myself. I just got sent the wrong bearings for a reel from a guy on ebay and I wont give him bad feedback unless he didnt exchange them. As long as I get what I ordered Im happy its not like I dont have extra reels or poles that I can use
Pete j

Unutt

Late as usual, but I had one transaction with Mike's reel repair.  

I ordered some parts early in September (2010).  Sometime in November I started wondering about them. Early in December, I started emailing mike's reel repair.  After several emails, I received a response from them telling me the order had been shipped long ago.  

Since most mailings take two or three days, I was skeptical about their response.  

Finally, about January 10, the parts arrived.  They were post marked September 11.  I have no idea where they hid for four months.  I don't think Mike's was the problem.  As indicated in an earlier post, I suspect they got stuck at the border.  Our tax dollars at work.
So many reels, so little time.

Reel 224

Quote from: Unutt on December 30, 2014, 06:07:18 AM
Late as usual, but I had one transaction with Mike
'S reel repair. 

I ordered some parts early in September (2010).  Sometime in November I started wondering about them. Early in December, I started emailing mike's reel repair.  After several emails, I received a response from them telling me the order had been shipped long ago. 

Since most mailings take two or three days, I was skeptical about their response. 

Finally, about January 10, the parts arrived.  They were post marked September 11.  I have no idea where they hid for four months.  I don't think Mike's was the problem.  As indicated in an earlier post, I suspect they got stuck at the border.  Out tax dollars at work.

It's a tough situation when mail ordering items from other places like Canada or England for instance. But if that is your only choice then it is what it is.

In my mind it's much more of a bother when you need a part for and American made product and you go to a dealer and it takes weeks to get that part....something wrong there,if ya ask me.

Nuvole

29 July 2014 - Order "A" sent

31 July 2014 - Email received, they don't accept amex and ask if they sent paypal invoice is okay.

31 July 2014 - I sent the amount by paypal before receiving their invoice.

01 Aug 2014 - Email received, both parts out of stock.

27 Aug 2014 - Email received, one of the parts no longer available, and will refund.

29 Aug 2014 - Email received, will refund for non available parts and available one move to shipping department.

---------

Then I totally forget about the above order and the reels that require parts.
08 Nov 2014 - I made order "B" and received them around two weeks or so.

----------

Back to issue with order "A"

16 Jan 2015 - Email sent, question why have I not received any parts nor refund.

16 Jan 2015 - Email received, "Our apologies, paypal does not notify us once a payment has been made. Your order has been sent over to shipping, and a refund for the NLA part will be issued before your order has shipped."

03 Feb 2015 - No parts nor refund received ...>_<...

----------

Update

04 Feb 2015 - Email received, non available parts refunded. Status of package "shipped"

I just they are reading this thread as well :-)

Reel 224

I hope for your sake it hasn't been an expensive loss or potential loss. I would also recommend using a more reliable source in the future,since this one has proven not to be in quite a few cases.

As a small business person myself, I do my very best to please my customers, but I will also say that I do not do business on the internet, as far as my business is concerned, I do purchase parts from proven reputable sources. In my case that is firearms parts and tools.

I am sure Alan or Brian and some of the other repair people here can help you in your future needs, those are the people I would trust as far as Reel parts and repair are concerned. 

Nuvole

At the end of the day, they do deliver the parts. Question is how long are you willing to wait ...>_<...