Penn Torque 5 spool shaft question

Started by Sandspinner, March 02, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandspinner

I bought a new (complete) spool for my Torque 5 bailless not realizing I have a washer style spool shaft while the new spool works with the locking pin style spool shaft.  Can I simply swap out the washer spool shaft for the locking pin spool shaft?  Thanks

johndtuttle

Quote from: Sandspinner on March 02, 2014, 11:47:06 PM
I bought a new (complete) spool for my Torque 5 bailless not realizing I have a washer style spool shaft while the new spool works with the locking pin style spool shaft.  Can I simply swap out the washer spool shaft for the locking pin spool shaft?  Thanks

The new spool you bought with the locking pin style(old) should be replaced by Penn free of charge. They had some leakage with that design and so use the washer style now. No sense in going the other route.

I'd think you'd be happiest with that solution. ;D

Contact Penn service dept on their website at Stripersonline.com, pretty sure they'll be happy to take care of you.

Sandspinner

Quote from: johndtuttle on March 03, 2014, 12:05:49 AM
Quote from: Sandspinner on March 02, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

The new spool you bought with the locking pin style(old) should be replaced by Penn free of charge. They had some leakage with that design and so use the washer style now. No sense in going the other route.

I'd think you'd be happiest with that solution. ;D

Contact Penn service dept on their website at Stripersonline.com, pretty sure they'll be happy to take care of you.

Thanks very much for the info.  Definitely don't want to go to the old style especially if there were issues.  I'll contact Penn and see if they take care of me.  Thanks again!

Sandspinner

Just wanted to up date the thread.  Penn has offered to replace the old style lock pin drive plate for the newer washer style.  Thanks again to member johndtuttle for pointing me in the right direction.  Also thanks to Penn for excellent customer support.