Bull Shark caught on a Newell S550 4.6

Started by erickg09, March 08, 2014, 08:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erickg09

First of all I would like to thank Bryan Young for the awesome 500 series 5+1 drag kit. It made a huge difference compared to the stock drag washers.  We are a group out of South Texas and are big fans of the Newells just like most of you. As of right now, I believe we are one of a handful of fisherman down here that still use these Newells for surf fishing aside from the Penn Senators. I uploaded a picture of a Bull Shark we caught last year on a Newell S550 4.6. Check us out on www.facebook.com/bocachicabeachlegends . We hope to learn more from all you guys since we also heavily rely on our gear every time we are out on the water.  

Newell Nut

Very nice catch. The 5+1 in a 500 series is very strong and I sure like mine.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

That is an awesome catch. Congratulations. I'm glad the drags made a difference. Sometimes we all need a little help (upgrade) for a better life.  ;D

And especially welcome to our home...and now your home.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

DaBigOno

Aloha!      Welcome Eric

very impressive on beaching that Bull with a 500 series Newell.

glad to hear Bryan's custom drags are proving its worth.

looking forward to more of your reports...
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

CapeFish

Excellent, well done, what rod is that you were using?

Nuvole