Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

few more

54bullseye

posted double last time sorry !!

54bullseye

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on August 26, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Very nice John! That's some serious winching equipment.

.............Lou
Thanks Lou !!! I brought the fancy red acrylic you gave me to the old guy that made my handle for the 20/0 and he is making another just like it only with your material !! I told him to try and keep more red showing than on last handle he agreed. He thought that red was very nice !! I also let him know not to turn buffer / polisher on to high speed and he picked right up on the fact it would heat it up to much. He is a VERY knowledgeable old guy. Will post pics when I get it. I leave for Kansas in a couple weeks deer hunting so might not be until I get back. Thanks again Lou !!!  John Taylor

oc1

You got it bad John.  And all that is in addition to the rods racks you showed us a while back.  World class.
-steve

54bullseye

Thanks Steve !!  I do enjoy the reels as well as rods !!! Gives me something to unwind with Lol !!! I run a small paving co. and have been swamped with work this season !! I know that is a real good thing but because of weather and a few breakdowns I am behind so people calling wondering if they are next *()_+)(*&^%&*()_)(*&^%^&*()_ Gets stressful !!!  Maybe I should skip deer hunting this year ??? Nope I am going !!!  Lol !!  Here are a couple more.   John Taylor

Penn Chronology

John,

Please let me know when you plan on the opening of the museum........... You have accumulated an amazing collection!

54bullseye

Shark Hunter

Very Nice John. Very Nice!
Holy Cow! :o
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Wow John!... what a treasure...
I've seen a few, this one is hard to beat.
Thanks for sharing!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

thorhammer

Jon, when I wrote that note the other day for someone to revive this excellent thread, I actually had written a sentence to call out you and one other member to share pics of some treasures, and then erased it because some folks are private about that....and then you deliver magnificently!!!! WOW!!!

John

redsetta

Wow John - seriously!
So many highlights, and so many fascinating approaches to drag engineering etc over the years.
Particularly like those Garcia Gladiators.
Thanks for sharing, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

1badf350

John you swing a big club my friend!
I am one of the few fortunate enough to have put my fingerprints on many of those beautiful reels. Some I was flat out afraid to touch.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

Thank to every one for all the compliments !!!! I really enjoy it !    John Taylor

Maxed Out

Does that 4/0 Garcia really have 36# of drag ??....wow, very impressive !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

54bullseye

Ted
That doesn't mean 36# of drag. That's the Everol drag scale. Notice pic below there are 3 yellow rings on the spool as the fish strips off drag and the line gets low the drag pressure increases so what your looking at where it says "in a line" 2-3-6 the 2 is drag pressure between 1st 2 yellow lines the 3 is 2nd two lines and the 6 is when line is getting low between last 2 lines and drag pressure is increasing !  I showed a close up of drag scale notice all the way up the numbers increase as line gets lower on the spool and drag increases !!!  I didn't really understand why the Everol's had so many dam numbers until I read an article that explained it to me !!! Once you understand it it's simple logic as line pays out the drag increases. It's all based on the three sections between the yellow lines.  Hope I explained it good enough.    John Taylor