Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

That is where Everol got its start.
Those Garcia's fetch a pretty good price.
From back in 58 to today, Everol makes a fine reel.
I prefer the New Model. ;)

Life is Good!

broadway

John, you certainly have some special reels in these photos but I'm most curious about that gladiator in front. I've never seen a brown color, only the gold. Is that a limited edition or presentation reel of some kind?
I'd like to be the second person (mike has first dibs) to enter your museum when it's ready.
Seriously impressive!
Dom

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on August 28, 2018, 02:36:28 PM
John, you certainly have some special reels in these photos but I'm most curious about that gladiator in front. I've never seen a brown color, only the gold. Is that a limited edition or presentation reel of some kind?
I'd like to be the second person (mike for dibs) to enter your museum when it's ready.
Seriously impressive!
Dom

Dom that Gladiator was on eBay over in England for a long time but price was to high. The guy finally accepted an offer. I thought it was real neat and had never seen one. I like the little red Garcia Admiral 4/0 even more. Those are pretty rare reels !!   John Taylor

Two sexy Italian chicks !!!!!

broadway

John,
   Sexy indeed! I've seen  couple of the red Admirals but not in the condition that yours is in.  I'm a collector of only Penn reels, but that gladiator is one pretty reel. 
Do you have the 20/0 Coxe cradle reel?  Is that the one in the photos?
Beautiful collection!
Dom

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on August 29, 2018, 03:13:47 AM
John,
   Sexy indeed! I've seen  couple of the red Admirals but not in the condition that yours is in.  I'm a collector of only Penn reels, but that gladiator is one pretty reel. 
Do you have the 20/0 Coxe cradle reel?  Is that the one in the photos?
Beautiful collection!
Dom

Dom it's a 16/0 Coxe cradle.    John

gstours

Thanks for sharing your collection.  Very nice.  Good luck 🦌 hunting too.   Great reels in history.🐠

broadway

Gotcha! Well, i'm Sure you'll have it someday. Let me know when you get it so you can take this catalog off my hands. ;)
Stay fishy
Dom

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on August 29, 2018, 04:41:39 PM
Gotcha! Well, i'm Sure you'll have it someday. Let me know when you get it so you can take this catalog off my hands. ;)
Stay fishy
Dom

I will take catalog and rod off your hands !!   John Taylor

54bullseye

Quote from: gstours on August 29, 2018, 12:15:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your collection.  Very nice.  Good luck 🦌 hunting too.   Great reels in history.🐠

Gary I think I would rather have your fishing than my reels !!!!!!  Buttttttttttttt  I do love the reels !!!   John Taylor

gstours

John,  We could wipe out all the fish on this side of the Rockys if we ever got together with your collection combined with my big dreams.
    Butt you never know.  Keep collecting and use one once in a while as your still young.   Best of luck.

54bullseye

Quote from: gstours on August 29, 2018, 11:15:06 PM
John,  We could wipe out all the fish on this side of the Rockys if we ever got together with your collection combined with my big dreams.
    Butt you never know.  Keep collecting and use one once in a while as your still young.   Best of luck.

Boy Gary I bet those two "Sexy Italian Chicks" I posted would put a hurtin on a big old Halibutttttttttt   !!!   John Taylor

Gfish

My Jigmasters.
I probably haven't got all of 'em...yet, but I will someday, right? Naw, way too popular a reel for guys to stop creating new variations. And these are just the commercially available kits and stock reels. Guys from this site have done some great individual creations.

I can bore you with alota words, or show you mostly alota pictures. Pictures are less boring, but there's gotta SOME explanatory text.
"All together now".

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

This's startin off good...NOT!. My stock HS 506 is is on the operatin table for a bearing transplant. Try'n visualize it lower left next to the HS 505. No, wait!: here's an older, not so great picture with the 506 next to the 505:
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

The irregular size, mostly aftermarket's. I'mina call 'em the "Uppies"(upgraded).

Top: a Vintage Offshore/Randy/Tiburon- "Superjigmaster". Middle: a Cortez Classic "Jigmaster 99 kit". Bottom: a another Randy Pauly/Tiburon creation: the Jigmaster P21XN, with stock HS 506 plates n' guts, except for a Pro Challenger ss gear sleeve. The 99 has mostly P.C. guts ana Maxed Out-Ted-shift lever. The Green n' gold uppie's got a Ted handle, Accuplates, mostly stock guts, star and eccentric system.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"