Lx 2 speed free spool problem

Started by steelfish, May 15, 2015, 06:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

I justo doblajes servicing a LX 2 speed Avet who has the old pinion bearing problem.

I actually changed all spool bearing cuz they seré corroded .
Well the reel is now smooth as silk, but in order to have free spool (spin the spool)  I have to keep the 3 body screws bit lose, if I tighten them up  until the reel is fully closed the the spool only spin haft turn in the free spool position, if I lose the screws a bit again the spool spins forever on the same position.  avets are known to have tremendous free spool Times.

The 6 small benevilles are like this ( ) ( ) ( ), I havent trayed another configuration yet

The Baja Guy

johndtuttle

Cam may be in wrong orientation, may be way too much grease on drag washers (LD reels need as little as possible) and then there may be a shim or washer hanging up during re-assembly....just a few ideas. Not sure about the bellevilles....pretty sure you have them right but you can try ((())) etc to reduce the distance.

SoCalAngler

John has some good info there to check but if I may I'll add a little. First the cam will only fit into the lever the one way do to it's shape and how the lever is cut to receive the cam. It would be pretty easy to see the cam was not sitting right in the lever.

About a year ago I played around with my JX (same as the LX just more narrow) to smooth out the drag curve going over strike. If I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, the belleville washers should go like this (())(). I tried them in all sorts of different configurations without any help unil I went back to the stock setup.

Here is the post where I played around with the belleville washers.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7246.0

steelfish

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 16, 2015, 12:54:28 AM
If I remember correctly, and I'm pretty sure I'm right, the belleville washers should go like this (())().

well, this was the ticket..

the reel is now with the screws tighten up really good and the spool spins really free and fine now.

thanks my friend.

just one last thing,  I really dont recall and also my friend dont recall either if his reel was missing one of the main body screws, surelly it was missing when I got the reel cuz Im really anal on having the small parts on diff recipients when taking them out the reel, any way..
by chance do you have the measure of the avet body screws?  I temporally put one 2mm SS hex screw that I use on my RC cars, and it was a nice and tight on it but I prefer to find and stock one or another on the local hardware store.
The Baja Guy

SoCalAngler

Boy I was wrong on how the stock belleville washers go, DaBidOno had it right ))(()). I do have them set ()(()) in my reel which I tested both ways tonight and either give me the same drag pressure with the same ramp up.