Setting my brother up

Started by Alto Mare, March 10, 2014, 08:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

That Little punk is retired, just kidding. And congratulations on the fish and the travel part. I always like a success story. Tight lines, Brendan.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

:o :o :o Sal, thanks for sharing...

Alto Mare

Quote from: Brendan on March 11, 2014, 04:28:53 AM
That Little punk is retired, just kidding. And congratulations on the fish and the travel part. I always like a success story. Tight lines, Brendan.
Nothing little about that punk, ;D he's two years older than me and built like a Mack truck.  Growing up, somehow he always managed to beat me. I doubt he could take me on now though ;D

Quote from: john2244 on March 10, 2014, 09:00:39 PM
Great picture !!  It is funny how differently we fish.  A few years ago I went fishing with a friend who lives on Sardinia and we fished with hand lines from his 20FT boat.  He has lived there all his life and never used a rod and reel.

John

John he sent these about a month ago, they were caught using hand line. he said it was crazy, that's why he asked for a rod and reel.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

Ron Jones

I have seen dorado caught on hand lines before, pretty crazy. I prefer a rod and reel!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MFB

I have read articles about old timers hand lining kingfish from wharves, apparently their hands looked like road maps afterwards.

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on March 14, 2014, 10:45:57 PM
I have seen dorado caught on hand lines before, pretty crazy. I prefer a rod and reel!
Ron
Ron, it's not their choice, that's all they have. My brother told me that I would have never got on that boat that he was on, they make them and two persons is the limit.

Quote from: MFB on March 14, 2014, 11:09:59 PM
I have read articles about old timers hand lining kingfish from wharves, apparently their hands looked like road maps afterwards.

Rgds

Mark
Mark, being a stone mason for 40 years, I would be ok with the hand line ....but wouldn't, I spent way too much money on upgrades ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

I have office hands now, but they still have few reminders of my engineering days on them.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 14, 2014, 11:15:40 PM
Mark, being a stone mason for 40 years, I would be ok with the hand line ....but wouldn't, I spent way too much money on upgrades ;D
Sal:  The next time I am in Philadelphia I am going to treat you to a manicure and pedicure.   :-* Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Sal and Dom manning peddis!!
That is another photo I gotta see.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jay2578

Cracking pics, great post!
Not sure I'd want to try 'reeling' those in on handlines!
Talk of how people started out with handlines etc got me reminiscing on how I started fishing, age 4 using a bamboo cane, 6lb line tied on the end, a quill float and a size 14 hook. Fishing for roach, bream and perch 4ft from the bank and outfishing my dad.
Strange how the simplest methods instill the deepest memories.
Abu 6500 CS rocket x2
Abu 7001i
Abu 6500 C3

OSIRIS631

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 14, 2014, 11:15:40 PM
Quote from: noyb72 on March 14, 2014, 10:45:57 PM
Ron
Ron, it's not their choice, that's all they have. My brother told me that I would have never got on that boat that he was on, they make them and two persons is the limit.

Quote from: MFB on March 14, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Hey sal my parents are from santo domingo... my dad sent me away for high school over there and I did a lot of fishing down there... there nuts.   They live line ballyoo with hand lines and I have see 100 lbs Tunas caught from shore and you should see some of the kingfish I've seen caught like that too. 

John

Rgds

Mark
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.