penn international 50 vsx vs okuma makaira 50 ii sea

Started by tunachaser, March 11, 2014, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucasGeneau

Hi i found this video that will help you decide. Enjoy!!

tunachaser

the tackle store can't get me tha mak 50 sea now he will get me it on next Saturday , a friend of me told me about the talica 50ii , i searched on the internet and all reviews were great but it costs me 1200$ wich is nearly double the price of the mak50 , i have no problem with this but does it worth that price?? it's about 7 ounces lighter than the makaira with 6 bearings instead of four
i haven't put my hands on the talica as it is not available now , does it have a riveted foot like the tiagra?? this will be a great issue for me since i had a problem with the tiagra's foot in the past!!
please i need advice :)

mohamedhashem21

hello mohamed :) i'm from egypt too :)
i've tried both of the reels u mentioned and i own the makaira they are both great but the penn is much heavier about 14 ounces ,  less line capacity and less drag force (which is not important) the comparison is like comparing an old american mucle car to a modern performance  car  they both do the mission but you have the choice to choose how , for the talica i don't know too much i like that it's lighter tan the makaira with 7 ounces but don't know if it worth this price or not it doesn't have any thing more than any reel in this class (penn,makaira,avet....) to be double the price, you should wait to hear some opinions.

mohamed

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

50VSX+50SEa=50II. i'd rather buy the VSX and SEa. also in this class i think reel weight is not critical. maybe it's just me... :)