Shimano America policy "we cannot ship parts overseas"

Started by Marko, January 10, 2014, 09:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marko

OMG... is this issue true?

i was hoping that i can be "small" parts centre for my friend in Indonesia.. it's not fun to have a broken fishing reel and Your local dealer can't provide You the parts You need.. >:(

Yesterday i Just email Shimano America to buy parts for saragosa 18K F and You know what.. they say "sorry we cannot ship parts overseas and you must go trough Your Local Dealer" ................... ergh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drisse

Its the same here in Sweden. If I need parts I have to go through a dealer. I can't order direct from the swedish Shimano distributor. Often they are not very interested to help you with this. And if they are it often takes long time to get the parts. They wait untill they have collected a couple of reels that will be sent for service and order the parts at the same time.

Abu Garcia have great service. Just phone their servicenumber and you get great help and the parts you need fast. Wish Shimano could be that serviceminded.

Marko

ergh... most fishing reel brand here in indonesia is lame on the after sales.. unless for high end series.. for medium and low end.. You might wait till "end of days" and still no parts available.

some years a go Daiwa is known for a good after sales service in Indonesia.. now.. You must search abroad..

i'm willing to be a spare parts center for most baitcast reels, but i need supply of course. hate it to buy a decent reel but having trouble maintaining it.....  >:(

Wolli

Hi Marko,
recommend to contact Fredi (manager) from
Puri Pancing
Jl. Diponegoro No.127 Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Phone. 0361-224-858
Facsimile. 0361-247-343

I know him and he is very helpfull. Bought my 18k and some other reels and rods in his shop.

Salam
Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Lunker Larry

Same here in Canada for Okuma. Have to order through a repair depot. Takes forever.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

SP

The same here in Greece with Shimano dealer . Big problem with spare parts

erikpowell

Hey Marko, I've had the same issue with Shimano USA.... I have all my parts shipped from Shimano Australia now.
you can try
sales@shimanofish.com.au
maybe they will be more helpful to Indo.

Marko

@wolli : nice info.. i'll try

@lunker larry : the funny thing about Okuma, if you contact their Taiwan HQ, they are happily to assist You.. they will send the parts ASAP

@erikpowell : nice info mate... i'll try to contact them ASAP

Marko

Finally Shimano Australia agreed to provide parts.. they say freight is AUD $50 . well no matter..

Case closed.. thanks everyone :D happy happy happy ;D

Lunker Larry

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Killerbug

Usually I have had no problems getting spares from Shimano here in Denmark.

But the other day I got an e-mail from them, saying that Calcutta 400b gears where in backorder.  Here comes the funny part. In the same order I also asked for some gears for a TranxPG, but Shimano Denmark had never heard of that reel before . :o
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Stuck

Quote from: Marko on January 15, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
Finally Shimano Australia agreed to provide parts.. they say freight is AUD $50 .
I recently ordered some belleville washers for a couple of TLD's which I think you blokes in the U.S. are paying about 25c each for. I paid $2.31 AUD each plus about $7.00 domestic P+H.  >:(

Marko

Quote from: Stuck on April 07, 2014, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: Marko on January 15, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
Finally Shimano Australia agreed to provide parts.. they say freight is AUD $50 .
I recently ordered some belleville washers for a couple of TLD's which I think you blokes in the U.S. are paying about 25c each for. I paid $2.31 AUD each plus about $7.00 domestic P+H.  >:(

Hi matey, with who are You corresponding with on Shimano Australia. I have been contacted by Mr. Jordon McKeon - but he is so slow... and now no more reply from him I need a lot of shimano reels parts...

For anyone else, beside shimano itself and mikereelsrepair , where can we have parts for shimano with a fast response and abundant variety and availability?
Thanks

philaroman

don't know about "abundant variety and availability", but these people seem to have better prices, organization & shipping options than mike's

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/shimano-parts-c-200301.html?osCsid=4o7qp0b2430urb7a544mh670i0

the unique feature I really like is the complete list of reel models, for every part#

Marko

Quote from: philaroman on April 14, 2014, 09:00:23 AM
don't know about "abundant variety and availability", but these people seem to have better prices, organization & shipping options than mike's

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/shimano-parts-c-200301.html?osCsid=4o7qp0b2430urb7a544mh670i0

the unique feature I really like is the complete list of reel models, for every part#

okay thanks mate.. I'll try them