The infamous tgt1303 and tgt1304?

Started by captscott, October 14, 2013, 01:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captscott

Does anybody have any clue where a guy could get his hands on these parts from a Trinidad 20dc?  I have two torium 20's that I am trying to get back together after tearing them down and finding the Abu style dogs completely worn out.  I read thru the dog upgrade thread very carefully and am totally sold on the upgrade, but have had no luck finding anyone with these parts available.  Shimano is saying February 2014!?!?  I have also called or emailed several reel repair shops locally and across the country with no luck at all.  I have carbontex drag washers for these reels, but no dogs and springs, would love to get these up and running in time for some kingfish and grouper action before our season down here is over, can anyone help me out here?  Thanks guys!

Bryan Young

Have you tried Shimano directly?  If not, as soon as Alan settles in, I'm sure he could send you what you need.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

captscott

Thank you Bryan, yes i called shimano, they are saying February or March 2014?!! Hopefully Alan might have the parts as he is my last hope, otherwise I'll have to put the inferior stock abu style dogs back in.

Bryan Young

I would offer to send you a few but I just sent a my last 2 to Sweden. I have like 10 more but cannot seem to find it among all the reel parts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

got some from jim.  send me your address and i can get them shipped out.  it will take a while, though......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

captscott

Alan thank you very much!!! I sent you a pm with my info.

captscott

Alan, can you confirm that you got my PM I have a feeling that pm's are not working on my computer, possibly popup blocker is interfering?

alantani

yes, still slugging my way thought piles of work here.  it will be a while. standby.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

PiusM

Here's an update for folks looking to upgrade the AR pawls of their Toriums and Trinidads. Shimano Parts has finally restocked the TGT 1303 and TGT 1304. About a buck for the spring and couple for the pawl. You have to call them at 1-877-577-0600 to order them because they are not listed online at the Shimano Parts Ordering System. They said that they are planning to list parts for discontinued reels eventually on their website in the future.

Bryan Young

Thanks PiusM. 

Don't forget the min. $6 shipping/handling charge and tax if you live in California.

Bryan

raumati01

Got mine installed, love the sound and can't wait to give it a decent work out.

Dont do what I did and install the yoke upside down and spend hours trying to figure out why you can't get it to go in gear.

captscott

Have had mine installed for a while along with CF drag washers from smoothdrag...wow!! they are like new but much better! finally had a chance to do some trolling for gulf coast kingfish, and although we didnt have any hookups the reels are rock solid!! Going to try again this weekend (if the weather cooperates) cant wait to hook up with these!!

Bucktail

Great upgrade.  I've had quite a few tuna (up to 80 lbs) on my upgraded, clicking, little Torium 16. 8)
Just a jig-a-lo