A Custom Diawa 300h Hotrod

Started by gstours, November 21, 2017, 03:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Ive had this reel for 25 years, fished it a lot, its a sleeper for sure in the 3/0 size.   Several years ago I posted some stuff here on the double dog aspect and made a 6 earred main gear as to use the carbon fiber washers that Sal and others were doing on their hot rods.  The keyed drag washers are .020 titanium and made by me.   These are great reels but out of favor by many.     This reel had never let me down and can do 28# of static drag.   Topless too?   Need I say more.  Back in the 80,s I caught a 10ft white sturgeon it it on 65# tuff line.   It has caught several 200 # halibut thru the years.    Its a pep talk for the non believers.   

This Knob is an Alan Tani product.   Its very strong,  stainless steel sleeve, and hex screws.   Offset and comfortable. 

The crank arm is an aluminum custom one that I made,  Offset and lengthened,  Not much is available over the counter for these reels.

STRIPER LOU

Looks good Gary. The old Diawa's were definitely strong reels and I never wore any out.

Nice job on the crank arm!  ......................Lou