Power Handle For ABU 5500C

Started by KarpsnKatz, May 15, 2024, 01:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarpsnKatz

I recently acquired an ABU 5500C. I would like to swap the paddle handle for a power handle. I see on the ABU website that they offer a power handle that fits ABU models 5000 to 6000. However, I see in the reviews that people seem to be having trouble with the handle screw(they claim it isn't long enough to tighten down the handle nut cover). The question is, do these handles actually fit? Are they worth it?

quang tran

After market handle come with ring ,nut and screw .Screw for new handle smaller and shorter only fit for new handle .Star drag on Abu is bigger than Daiwa and Shimano so you can only use straight handle,not the bent in handle

Bryan Young

That's a bummer. The handle is beautiful, if it only fits :'(  :'(  :'(
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

quang tran

This handle fit perfect for my Daiwa .For Abu Garcia he can only use straight handle that I mention about , no problem with screw that hold handle nut as new nut,ring and screw come with new handle

alantani

well, it actually could fit if you were willing to bend the arms of the star.   ???
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on May 15, 2024, 03:25:01 PMwell, it actually could fit if you were willing to bend the arms of the star.  ???

I did that to my calcutta 400TE and it worked perfectly

https://alantani.com/index.php/topic,17967.msg188375.html#msg188375

The Baja Guy

Breadfan

I picked up some smaller stars for the curved handles but I can't remember where I got them! I do remember getting some round ones with Knurled edges from Blakdog but they don't work very well when your fingers are wet, or cold. I may have an extra small gold star drag..

JasonGotaProblem

The star off an old 5000c is small enough to not be affected by a majority of these ubiquitous offset handles.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

quang tran

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 15, 2024, 06:04:55 PMThe star off an old 5000c is small enough to not be affected by a majority of these ubiquitous offset handles.
You're right ,just check it out

ExcessiveAngler

I do believe, you could order the drag star from one of the newer-ish 6500 steel gray
C3's. They started using some similar ergonomic paddle handles on the classic ones.
They're actually quite comfy and very easy on the wrist as well. Here's a pic of the schematic for you.
Don't know why it came up sideways?
But surely, doesn't surprise me.