Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5500 C3 parts

Started by slugmeister, April 01, 2014, 01:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don't worry about the brakes.  they're useless, anway. for the dog, send me a pm with your address and i will mail one to you.  i think i still have several left. 
[/quote]

??? yeah maybe if your great grandpa whose been throwing a casting reel since the Bronson was new!   Tried that, aint gonna do it again. Ive been throwing Ambassadeurs for almost 40 years and I still got to have a brake.

slugmeister

Thanks for all the help. I got a dog coming in the mail before anyone offered, so I have to decline for now. I will be getting another reel soon, so I might upgrade that one too if it doesn't come with one. I'll try the reel in the yard to see how it does. I'm new to baitcasters. I got this one 2 years ago, and have not been overly impressed. It does great for some things, but it is not anywhere close to the "twice the casting distance of a spinning reel" as many had me believe. Even now, I'm proably not even good enough to cast farther than my spinning reels. I use this reel for close to shore casting and casting heavy lures. If I need accuracy I use the spinning reel. Neither casts farther than about 40 yards with most fishing lures, and they really don't need to.

Ken_D

Quote from: slugmeister on April 07, 2014, 07:12:30 PM
Thanks for all the help. I got a dog coming in the mail before anyone offered, so I have to decline for now. I will be getting another reel soon, so I might upgrade that one too if it doesn't come with one. I'll try the reel in the yard to see how it does. I'm new to baitcasters. I got this one 2 years ago, and have not been overly impressed. It does great for some things, but it is not anywhere close to the "twice the casting distance of a spinning reel" as many had me believe. Even now, I'm proably not even good enough to cast farther than my spinning reels. I use this reel for close to shore casting and casting heavy lures. If I need accuracy I use the spinning reel. Neither casts farther than about 40 yards with most fishing lures, and they really don't need to.

What about that drawing you could not open? You have yet to indicate you finally got it to open. Or not.... 8)

slugmeister

slugmeister

Thanks everyone for the help. I made a spacer no problem, and put the part in. It all went in tight until I cranked down on the drag, and backed off again. Now it is as smooth as ever. That solved my problem, it has great anti reverse now.