i'm switching to TSI 301

Started by alantani, June 30, 2010, 09:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgarz

How about CRC 66 marine grade, anyone tried it yet? It's very waxy from what I see.

alantani

never tried it.  i'm actually very slow to change over to anything new.  it took me a year to change over from shimano grease to cal's drag grease.  and i got burned with xtreme reel +.  brendan, do you have a link?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Brendan

http://www.tsmoly.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=5_13&products_id=154

Alan, here is the stuff I found looking for TSI 301. I was hoping to find a smaller version of TSI 301 and found this. I also bought a large bottle of Xtreme Reel, or whatever its called. I love working on reels but felt like I had to add that to spool bearings after every trip. I am a little nervous about buying a gallon of anything without trying a little first.
Thanks, Brendan.

Bryan Young

Hi Brendan, You may want to try TSI321.  TSI301 is a mixture of TSI321 plus a proprietary solvent.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brendan

Thank You Bryan, I found both products in small enough containers to try both. Is the 321 necessary if it's contained in the 301 anyway?
Thanks again for all of the help, Brendan.

Bryan Young

If you have TSI301, you probably do not need TSI321unless you are thinking of lubricating adjacent to plastic parts without allowing the solvent to evaporate off is using TSI301.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

AlohaDan

Way late to the party as I have not kept up with this board (confession of sins).

Brenden's fish reel oil may be one of Dupont's Krytox lubes

http://www2.dupont.com/Lubricants/en_US/sales_support/FAQs.html

If you scroll down the FAQ's (lot's of interesting stuff) you will find:

Where can Krytox® lubricants be used?

..........Miscellaneous: anti-seize lubricant, bolt thread lubricant, water purifier lubricant, self-contained breathing apparatus lubricant, cryogenic lubricant, vacuum system sealant, drive chains, hydraulic fluids,  fishing reel grease, etc

You can also request some spec sheets.

floating doc

I just might have to join the party myself.
Central Florida

DanteV

I just ordered a 6oz aerosol can to try it out. I was going to buy 2 cans of 3oz but they wanted double the shipping so bought the bigger can.. whatever. So now with some TSI coming, a bearing packer kit, and some new Cal's and Yami blue there's going to be a reel servicing party at my house!

BYOB of course..