Recomendation for Penn Conflict 6000

Started by Big Tim, September 12, 2014, 01:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Need some input here guys...looking for a 7' all around spinning rod...20-50 class? Bottom fishing...Jigging...A little bit of everything & in a modest budget (no need to spend $400 on $100 reel)

Penn Conflict 6000

Three se7ens

I really like jigging rods for bottom fishing offshore, as well as jigging.  They are a great combination of light, sensitive, and enough backbone to handle big fish and list of drag.  Most of the big brands have very nice models in the $70-130 range.  I have a couple of ugly stick tiger lite jigging rods, a couple of tsunami trophy rods, and an okuma andros jigging rod.  All are good rods, and most have seen upwards of 20 lbs of drag before, and held up perfectly fine.

handi2

Quote from: Three se7ens on September 12, 2014, 02:05:39 AM
I really like jigging rods for bottom fishing offshore, as well as jigging.  They are a great combination of light, sensitive, and enough backbone to handle big fish and list of drag.  Most of the big brands have very nice models in the $70-130 range.  I have a couple of ugly stick tiger lite jigging rods, a couple of tsunami trophy rods, and an okuma andros jigging rod.  All are good rods, and most have seen upwards of 20 lbs of drag before, and held up perfectly fine.

Same thing here. My boat spinning rods are mainly jigging rods except the ones I use to throw poppers at Tuna. Penn makes a spin jigging rod that is around $40.00. It's the Rampage model line and I have one that is rated to 130lbs. braid. It has served me well for such a cheap rod. It was purchased from Amazon b/c I have Amazon Prime free shipping.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Big Tim

Tsunami Airwave Elite Series TSAWEBS-701MHJ Spinning Rod

$109.00 shipped...Be here Tuesday & hope to toss it at some shallow water Halibut Thursday in Moro Bay...Thanks for the input...May get a Rampage for when my kids borrow my gear, looks reel durable.

Got to get back to work...Happy Friday!!!

foakes

Keith brings up a good point -- about Amazon Prime...

We have Netflix for movies and TV shows -- since we live in a remote area without cable -- but we do have high speed underground internet.  So we like to watch what we want, when we want -- without commercials.  About $9 a month.

Then about two years ago, we heard about Amazon Prime.  Again, lots more movies than we could ever need.  However, they offer free shipping on most of their online items (they have most everything).  We check pricing and items we want to buy, order online, and 2 days later on average -- the UPS truck comes right to our front door -- even in the snow -- with no charge for shipping -- and generally a very good price on the purchased item.  Used to be $80 a year -- unlimited use.  I think it may have gone up to just under $100 a year.  Still a great service, and a solid bargain.

Check it out...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Big Tim

Tsunami Airwave Elite Series TSAWEBS-701MHJ Spinning Rod...Rod arrived today...Looks really nice, very light and appears to be well made...Not sure about the reel seat, but with my Penn Conflict spooled up with #60 power pro I tightened everything down and started pulling line and crankin' down the drag...17lbs. is where I stopped and the rod seemed to have more than enough backbone to handle that...Rated at 20-40lb & up to 4oz lure I think this should do for now  ;D ;D ;D

Very cost effective set up. Penn Conflict 6000, spooled with over 300yrds. #60 power pro and the Tsunami Airwave Elite Series TSAWEBS-701MHJ Spinning Rod...Total= $226.33

johndtuttle

If that is a Fuji reel seat rest easy. They are incredibly good for the coin and very comfortable in the hand.

Nice set up! Kill some fish! :)

Big Tim

Quote from: johndtuttle on September 17, 2014, 11:20:31 PM
If that is a Fuji reel seat rest easy. They are incredibly good for the coin and very comfortable in the hand.

Nice set up! Kill some fish! :)

Thanks John, yes all FUJI components. I had plans to get her wet tomorrow but work has changed that  >:( Maybe next week while we are still cleaning up on 14lb + Lingcod out of Moro Bay and a few nice Flatties as well.