fishing with brother ed - 11/25/14

Started by alantani, November 26, 2014, 05:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fishing with brother ed - 11/25/14

headed out to half moon bay for a relaxing day of rockcod fishing.  we stuck an easy limit of blacks and blues off san gregorio and pescadero, then scored three lingcod of pescadero.  really nice day on the water.  the best part was that i finally got my brother out.  

my neighbor, john chen, stuck a nice one after losing his first.  

and i got this hog.  

it was incredibly flat all morning.  we, of course, ran down and back with pfd's, but they came off while fishing.  it was just one of those days!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I definitely see the resemblance of your Brother and You. Nothing like fishing with your Bro! ;)
I'm hoping to get my brother on a nice Shark our next trip. He couldn't make it on our last trip to the Gulf.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I do not see the resemblance, Ed is better looking, but Alan has a better boat  ;D. Always nice having your family and good friends on your boat. That water looks nice and so do the fish ... very nice.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Wow, nice waters.  Thanks for the fish Alan.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

not to rub salt into the wound, but poor ben was fishing next to john all day and just couldn't get hooked up!  

john was using whole squid and ben had a funny looking lure that i think was scaring the fish away!

we also had these guys shadowing us all day, a couple of really nice guys from lodi that were unfamiliar with the area.  we tried helping them out with some spots.  i think they did ok.  

wallacewt

i got a few of those ugly lures myself  :D

Steve-O

Nice Lings, Alan!  Even better to be out on water like that with bro and buds. :)

Capt Ahab

You have some UGLY fish there in Cali.

Nice report

Bryan Young

I think Ben needs to move to the other side of the boat.  His luck is not very good on that side of the boat.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Shaded area of the water from the boat always catches the most fish, that's always my spot ;) ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Way to go.  Thanks for sharing.  Those two areas you fish almost always produce.  What depth are you fishing?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani