Penn 8500 SS handle

Started by MFB, July 05, 2014, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFB

Got a call from a friend, who had shut a car door on to his 8500SS and broke the handle. Could I help? Knowing that original handles can't be got for love nor money was a problem. I had a Abu Garcia Cardinal 759 on my work bench (main gear missing a few teeth) but the handle looked about the same size. It fits over the Penn handle pivot and just required to be drilled and tapped to suit the Penn pivot pin. Looks like the original to. If anybody needs some Cardinal parts let me know.

Rgds

Mark     
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

hi   mark         cardinal parts?   if they are the zebco cardinal 3, 4, 6, or 7 i'm in the market, they are my favorite spinners.    harryk

MFB

Hi Harry,

It's an Abu Garcia Cardinal model 759, they were made in Japan. I used to use it for surfcasting back in the day. I have no idea what a zebco Cardinal is but I suspect they're different. See sample picture.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

harryk3616

hi  mark      it's similar but not the same , thanks for getting back to me.    harryk