Saragosa 10000F upgrades

Started by Richardr, December 12, 2013, 12:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richardr

Hello
Apart from Carbontex drag washer, what other bearing upgrades are available for Saragosa 10000F? I've read it should be possible to upgrade the Worm Shaft as well as the Oscillating Shaft by replacing plastic bushings. Do you have such bearings Dawn?
Also any other Saragosa 10000F upgrades such as replacing the line roller bushing.

thanks
RIchard

Dawn

Hi
Sorry I don't know what sizes you'd need.  I'd need measurements.

Thanks
Dawn
Dawn

day0ne

The Saragosas come with Carbontex drag washers.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

philaroman

AND, they come with a bearing in the roller... what Shimano calls "Line Roller Bushing" looks like a liner between roller & bearing -- there's nothing to upgrade

the oscillation is confusing, because 10000F schematic is omitted.  Do you have a disk Oscillating Gear like 8000F, or a Worm Shaft like 14000F?

Bucktail

I think you're talking about what Shimano calls  "X Ship".  Which is really just replacing the plastic bushing on the pinion with a ball bearing.

Check out this link http://www.sportfishermen.com/board/f258/upgrading-saragosa-5000-8000f-x-ship-bearing-2349118.html#post3009952
Just a jig-a-lo

Richardr

Thanks for your replies. I didn't get any notification about your replies. Must check my user profile setting.
Yes, I meant something like the x-ship upgrade. I did put this project on hold but will dust it off sometime soon I hope. Right now I'm waiting for my new Maxel OSL06D. Mixed reviews on the Internet, but must reviews seem to focus on the Maxel<->JiggingMaster connection on not about the reel....

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

there is a metal upgrade from shimano... here's the post by Reinaard;

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10188.60  PAGE 5

Bucktail

I don't believe the newer drag caps are metal.
Just a jig-a-lo