Cavalla 50 wii

Started by broschro, December 18, 2015, 09:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

The real is stuck in low gear and when its all pulled apart I can't figure out why it wont disengage. Everything seems right. Any ideas?

broschro

sundaytrucka

Is the shift mechanism what gets stuck?

Or is it when the shifter is in either low or high gear it is still only engaging the low gear?

First: It could be the spring on the shift button has come slightly loose, causing the cross pin that engages the gears to float and not seat the high gear properly. In this case, I would hold the shift button firmly and twist it clockwise to tighten the spring back on seated. Only 1-4 gentle turns, you may hear a gentle click of the spring tightening, checking the function after each turn. Over tightening the shift spring may cause it to warp and need replacement. You may have to use a pair of needle nose to get a grip on the shift button, otherwise remove the shift housing and use your fingers.

Second: With the side plate off, check the shift mechanism is engaging and releasing (fully moving up and down) the cross pin properly. Sometimes the tolerances can jam the cross pin within the gear shaft slot. If this is the case, I remove the cross pin and rotate it 90-180 Degrees, this will generally find good mating surfaces for the cross pin and shaft slot.

Let me know if it works after that.

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.