Raritian Bay NJ - They are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Capt Ahab, April 27, 2014, 12:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Ahab

Jumped on an open charter (Pappas Angels) with my buddy Mike

Clammed the upper Raritian bay with a steady pick of fish - about 3/1 shorts to keepers

Biggest fish weighed in just under 25 lbs

Capt Ahab

Nothing like fresh caught grilled striper for dinner!

Capt Ahab

Almost forgot the important part

Fished my NEW by B. Young Fin Nor Ahab - WOW- it is perfect and worked flawlessly

He is a Reel God!

johndtuttle

Stripers are fabulous eats  ;D.

Congrats on the catching!

floating doc

Beautiful fish.  I fished Raritan Bay for several years, never even heard of a striper being caught. It's great to see how they came back with the cleanup of the Hudson river.
Central Florida

Bucktail

Nice job Capt. Ahab!  I fished the bay yesterday on my friend's new boat.  Lot's of fun!
Just a jig-a-lo

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Legal Bill

I'm up here in Mass. just dying to get out there.  I'm heading out on Saturday in the little 14 footer.  Not much chance of catching anything yet, but I'll feel better if I'm out there trying.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Capt Ahab

Quote from: Legal Bill on May 02, 2014, 05:01:28 PM
I'm up here in Mass. just dying to get out there.  I'm heading out on Saturday in the little 14 footer.  Not much chance of catching anything yet, but I'll feel better if I'm out there trying.

Where in Mass?  Do you fish the Cape at all?

I go twice a year June and Sept to chase bass at night in the canal and area beaches!

Capt Ahab

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 02, 2014, 05:28:14 PM
Looks like absolute fun.

Yeah it was - Bryan: if you look in the background of the boga shot picture you will see the Fin Nor Ahab you did up for me - BETTER THEN NEW!