Daiwa Lexa 400 HS P Help!!

Started by Bob Benner, May 08, 2015, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Benner

Trying to get my Lexa 400 apart for service but I can't seem to figure out what type of wrench it takes to get the handle nut off. Is there a special tool or something made just for this type of handle nut? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

johndtuttle

Quote from: Bob Benner on May 08, 2015, 09:38:20 PM
Trying to get my Lexa 400 apart for service but I can't seem to figure out what type of wrench it takes to get the handle nut off. Is there a special tool or something made just for this type of handle nut? Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you take the Handle Nut Plate off first? This is the "keeper" to keep it tight. After that an adjustable wrench (ie crescent wrench) typically gets it off without too much fuss unless it is welded on with corrosion.

Hamachi

Penn wrench so it doesn't get all buggered up. Or wrap some tape around the jaws of a pair of pliers, just be careful.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Bob Benner

Yes, the plate is off. The reel is brand new but I'm just flushing the bearings and doing my normal corrosion x to the bearings and marine grease everywhere else. Nothing seems to grab onto the nut.

johndtuttle

Quote from: Bob Benner on May 08, 2015, 10:43:21 PM
Yes, the plate is off. The reel is brand new but I'm just flushing the bearings and doing my normal corrosion x to the bearings and marine grease everywhere else. Nothing seems to grab onto the nut.

Penn wrench for sure....those goofy nuts come off best with them (or an old Daiwa wrench if you have one).

Bob Benner

Thanks for the Penn Wrench suggestion. Looks like exactly what I need.