photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

couldn't pass this one up!

Quote from: SoCalAngler on July 10, 2014, 02:00:29 AM
There is much to be said having to deal with all the headaches of living in the L.A./Orange County area but little things like this make some of them a little more bearably.

Fresh grilled blackened rockfish taco's with hand made tortilla's, home made mango salsa and avocado's tree ripened from my neighbor.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

happy birthday!

Quote from: Newell Nut on July 31, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
Captain Al just turned 81 and is pictured with the custom rod that I built for him with marbled colors to represent fish colors of all the species he may have caught in his career. Not sure how many more years he will be with us but I have certainly enjoyed the privilege of fishing with Al for the past two years.

alantani

very impressive work!  and he actually got it back together!!!!!   ;D

Quote from: Quoc_Pham on August 21, 2014, 07:58:43 PM
Here it is... my THIRD reel ever taken apart. A spinner with BaitRunner feature.

This might be a little too in depth but I figured more info was better than none. Enjoy, and comment below!

alantani

great stuff!!!!

Quote from: cwillis85 on September 07, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
Hello all, finished one of the side plates on the Long Beach 60 I picked up for my daughter. I bought my wife a Cameo printer/cutter for her birthday and used it to cut out this vinyl design. Should last about a year and then we move on to the next none specific character my daughter is in love with at that time, and when she is older it should all peel off without any damage to the reel. Now to find a decent rod that a child can handle easily.

cwillis85

Thanks, very cool for this to make photo of the month. My daughter hasn't stopped playing with the reel since she got it. She is most definitely daddy's girl! :)
Chris

alantani

it's a great photo!  thank you!!!!!!

gstours

I am interested in contributing to the photo o da month and getting a star or even a honorable mention.   Recently I had minor surgery on my knee so I,m gimmped up with a lot of time on my hands, and the boat in the yard.   I got a million pictures,  maybe hidden away I got what it takes,  but then and more likely not what you want.  I will watch and learn...........gst.

alantani

it's very subjective on my part.  something unique, unusual, special.  it would be a small first time accomplishment from a novice before it would be a monumental achievement from a seasoned pro.  or it could be anything related to mickey mouse!!!!   ;D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: alantani on December 07, 2013, 06:08:42 PM
you know, we've gotta figure out a way to go fishing with this guy!!!!!!

Quote from: gstours on December 01, 2013, 01:38:36 AM
Hi Alan; trying to send multiple pictures I lose your site and have to start over, so its one at a time to the new message section..... I will figgure it out......so hafe a lafe!!!!

You have a photo of the Month Gary. Its right Here! ;D
Life is Good!

alantani

harryk3616

alantani

someday, when this kid is famous, this picture will be worth money!   ;D

Quote from: EccentricRuss on September 21, 2014, 11:36:10 PM
My son caught his first fish today!  And then he caught three more for good measure.  All four were panfish.

Used a Zebco 202 rod/reel combo, red worms on Aberdeen hook and an unknown brand bobber...brings back memories.

Russ

alantani

check out the whole story!!!!!!

Quote from: coastal_dan on September 23, 2014, 01:08:55 PM
Built this reel for my Dad for Christmas.  I think he's gonna love it due to it being one of my grandfathers oldies.  I do have a question though, after adding the HT-100 drag kit and a new bellville washer there isn't a lot of travel for the star between the handle and the spacer...due to the thicker drag kit should I just remove the bellville washer?  Quick progressive shots...

alantani

the rat pack!

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 30, 2014, 09:54:24 PM
Since Dominick couldn't get his camera to work, I'll go ahead and post a couple.

I had a wonderful evening with my buddy Dominick and Joe last night. Joe is really nice, Dominick knows how to pick them, well he picked me ;D
Here is a shot of the three  of us

alantani

we've gotta get this guy to take us fishing!!!!!!

Quote from: gstours on October 04, 2014, 03:53:34 PM
Ya sometimes when you get home after a good days fishing your just not "done" yet.