photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonnou

Alan Is there going to be a Photo of the year?

alantani

hadn't though about it.  we'll see!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

well done!

Quote from: Deadweight on January 06, 2015, 02:44:24 AM

We estimated her at between 2.4m and 2.6m to the tip of the tail (right around the 8' mark).

8' of Solid Broadwater Bull Shark

Nicko_Cairns

congrats! you guys should come over here, we try to avoid sharks and there's plenty, you could go nuts busting your biceps on big monsters.  ;D

alantani

this photo has popped a couple of times now, and may have even been posted here already.  every time i see it, i keep thinking of all the things that had to come together to take such a great photo. chile, congrats!

Quote from: ChileRelleno on January 08, 2015, 01:40:10 AM

11.5' Great Hammer on a 12/0

Shark Hunter

I took that photo myself Alan! It will be a day I will not soon forget!
Life is Good!

alantani

wintertime here in california, but summer in new zealand!

Quote from: redsetta on January 10, 2015, 05:05:55 AM

Thanks to Ryan for being skipper and guide for the day - had us on the spot, despite a broken GPS.
Righto - all the best, Justin

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shiftee

are the photos posted here just collected and posted from around the web or are they all member shots?

Shark Hunter

Cole,
Photo of the month is only available to alantani members. It is an honor above no other here! ;)
They are not just some random internet photos. When you make photo of the month. It is truly an Honor Here! ;D
Life is Good!

Shiftee

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 11, 2015, 03:42:06 AM
Cole,
Photo of the month is only available to alantani members. It is an honor above no other here! ;)
They are not just some random internet photos. When you make photo of the month. It is truly an Honor Here! ;D

Cool deal. I thought that was the case but wasnt sure. Good stuff.

alantani

Quote from: Shiftee on January 11, 2015, 04:13:51 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 11, 2015, 03:42:06 AM
Cole,

Cool deal. I thought that was the case but wasnt sure. Good stuff.

yup, that an a dollar and you can ride the bus!   ;D

alantani

you know, i don't think i've ever discussed the criteria.  it's all very subjective, but the main thing i look for is the degree of difficulty.  for most of us, bench top full of parts spread all out is no problem, but for the first timer it can be a near religious experience.  some catches represent personal best that have been pursued for years.  others represent a lifetime of accomplishment - a grandfather and an old boat, a 5 year old with his first catch, or the spouse or significant other that finally went fishing with you and actually had a great time.  the most terrifying ski slope could be 80 degrees for an expert or 10 degrees for the novice.  either way, it's just a small way of recognizing the amount work that went into posting these great photos.  thanks to all!  alan

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 10, 2015, 07:22:32 AM
I took that photo myself Alan! It will be a day I will not soon forget!
And many thanks for getting such a fine shot.
Forget that beast, not likely.  ;)
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."