photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

A romanian made and modified spinning reel. The reel is called "Arges 3" and it was made in 1995. It saw action on the Danube river and mostly on the Teleajen river (the local river that flows near Valenii de Munte).

In solid fiberglass we trust

Makule

Jimmer,  thank you.

Don't have any Ocean City reels.  They weren't really big here.  Mostly Penn and Pfleuger.

Quote from: Jimmer on February 07, 2012, 09:14:56 PM
Makule  - I have some various Ocean City parts -gears, springs etc. let me know if you need something, I'll see if I have it . All NOS parts. I think I have them all listed in a PDF I could post if you or anyone else are interested . all small internal parts - no spools, handles or side plates- Jimmer

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

stoica, those romanian reels are very nice.  did you get the drag washers that i sent to you?  i'll bet they will fit in this reel!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tile

No. The package hasn't arrived because the weather in Europe is horrendous.
In solid fiberglass we trust

alantani

yeah, saw that in the news!  stay warm, old friend..... 

Alto Mare

My hometown is under 3' of snow. The house that I grew up in is attached to rear of the bell tower.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Sal:  You grew up in a church?  Did you ever meet Quasimoto?  Did the bells bother you?   ::)  Dominick  
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Dominick, I used to ring those bells as a kid. Would you believe that some of my friends used to hold on to the bell and swing out of that tower? I was never that crazy. About the noise, we're not talking framed 2x4's here,that wall had to be 3' wide.The tower, the palace and my house still look the same as the day I lef, about 40 years ago. Even though it's still our house, we are not allowed to touch anything on the exterior, if we want to paint the front door, the mayer decides on what color and we only have three choices.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 08, 2012, 06:22:36 PM
if we want to paint the front door, the mayer decides on what color and we only have three choices.
I understand, purple, chartreuse, and puce ;D.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Great pic and history Sal - thanks for sharing.
I used to love driving around the Irish countryside, finding castles/ruins and climbing them.
Many had finely crafted spiral staircases etc still intact.
Some castles even had miniature staircases, doors and passages etc through which the children could escape during sieges.
Just don't get stonework like that in NZ.
Cheers, Justin
PS Dominick, you forgot indigo.  ;)
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broschro

Quote from: alantani on February 07, 2012, 03:12:32 AM
gonna need a 12-step detox program......

I WILL HAVE ALL OF THESE DONE BY FRIDAY WILL POST SOME PICS. POWDER COATING WILL START IN MARCH

alantani

Quote from: Pescachaser on February 08, 2012, 05:32:40 AM
Hey Oldcatcher:  At least you don't have to worry about the beer getting warm. :D.  Dominick

During late fall/start of winter here I'm pretty much a hot coffee guy, often bring two stanley thermos bottles.

Love to toss a few back as much as anybody, but when I'm fishing...... I'm fishing  ;D

I've ordered some cal's light, tsi301 & tsi322 plus corrosionx hd, still need to get some carbontex drag washers from smoothdrag.

Here is a nice late season fall fattie muskie from this year.

-Dave

alantani

alantani

alantani

Quote from: Max Doubt on March 10, 2012, 03:34:27 AM

I've been called worse, but a few of my friends think I'm a hoarder, while the rest of my friends just think my tackle room is a very kool mancave.

Here is a shot of one wall........The other 3 walls are just as cluttered. Oh, and after I ran out of wall space the cieling became my next victim.