photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on April 27, 2015, 12:40:03 AM
circle of life......

Quote from: Big Tim on April 26, 2015, 11:56:24 PM

Colton is 2 years and 4 mos. old and went camping and fishing for the first time...

PRICELESS!!!

fitting & thank you

alantani

pretty it's gonna be a pizza in one hand and a BEER in the other!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CaptainRMF

Perfect picture and perfect saying Alan. One old fisherman departs and a new one steps in to take his place.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

foakes

Alan kind of hit the nail on the head when he said "Circle of Life".

Reminded me of this old picture in the hallway just before walking into my upstairs reel shop.

I think it might be one of those old black and white photos that have been colorized likely in the 40s or 50s.

On first glance, it depicts an older gentleman fly fishing probably in the Rockies -- with a young kid sitting on a log -- also with fly gear.

What do you all think?

Does this show a father and son?

Or does this show a kid learning to fly fish -- then the same kid 70 years later, fishing the same water?

Or, am I overthinking things?

Picked it up years ago at a yard sale for $1.00.

Someone put a little thought and work into this.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

wallacewt

harryk3616

Slazmo

Quote from: basto on December 12, 2013, 02:01:56 AMWhat is your oldest working Shimano reel?
Show us some pics...conventional or spinners.

cheers
Basto

I forget what year? Early 80's or late 70's ? Works great  ;D

Tim
[/quote]

Here's my Shimano Bantam Tournament 1000.

Not what I would call 'a absolute' collectors piece due to some flaws like cracks in the side plates (screw sides) in it... However internally it came quiet dirty but pretty good shape after 30 years, and after a fair bit of work like super-tuning of all parts and then application of proper oils and greases.

Beautiful reel to look at - happy that I actually have one "finally"...

Lunker Larry

Pretty cool shot. Early morning muskie fishing. I think this was taken in the Kawartha Lakes region of Ontario, Canada but not sure. Too many fishing trips and never write anything down.

You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

wallacewt

postcard picture right there,nice.
i feel cold just looking at it
is that 2 elec; motors?
cheers

ez2cdave

alantani

some people just know how to live!   ;D

Quote from: trond_solem on May 06, 2015, 04:50:24 AM
Just bought this nice old boat for my fishing trips.
Built in 1965 by a boutbuilder close by. Many of these was built from about 1910 and up to about 1980.

It's quite small at 19.5 ft, but it can take more wind and waves than any modern plastic boat at similar size.
It's well mantained and has no rot anywhere. No leaks either. The forward cabin is dry and has enough place for to bunks.
The motor is a single cylinder sabb 10hk diesel with adjustable propeller.
If I hoist the read sail (Mesan sail) I can adjust the propeller and rudder from stearing position or from the deck so the boat stays at the same place regardless of wind and current. Nice for my kind of fishing.
I won't get to the fishing spots in a hurry, but I can just start 30 minutes earlyer aand have a nice cup of coffe on the way out.:-)

trond_solem

Quote from: alantani on May 06, 2015, 04:10:27 PM
some people just know how to live!   ;D

Quote from: trond_solem on May 06, 2015, 04:50:24 AM
Just bought this nice old boat for my fishing trips.
Built in 1965 by a boutbuilder close by. Many of these was built from about 1910 and up to about 1980.

It's quite small at 19.5 ft, but it can take more wind and waves than any modern plastic boat at similar size.
It's well mantained and has no rot anywhere. No leaks either. The forward cabin is dry and has enough place for to bunks.
The motor is a single cylinder sabb 10hk diesel with adjustable propeller.
If I hoist the read sail (Mesan sail) I can adjust the propeller and rudder from stearing position or from the deck so the boat stays at the same place regardless of wind and current. Nice for my kind of fishing.
I won't get to the fishing spots in a hurry, but I can just start 30 minutes earlyer and have a nice cup of coffe on the way out.:-)

Thanks!
I just love the boat. Very nice handling in choppy water. After the trip yesterday evening, I checked the diesel tank. I think it doesn't use diesel, but produces it. :)

Unutt

My oldest Shimano reels.  All Bantams.  Sizes 10, 100, 1000, 200, 300, 500, and 250.  I have no idea which is the oldest, but they are all early 80s. 
So many reels, so little time.

ChileRelleno

Your addiction is alive and well.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."