New handle arms

Started by Three se7ens, May 09, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

The thickness of the handle wouldn't have anything to do with the star. The handle sits on the  same spot on the sleeve, Thick or thin  :-\. The only issue you would have with a thicker handle is with the handle screw not sitting in all the way as it should. If the star is too thick, you could make adjustment with your drag  by shaving your spacer sleeve. Now, if the star is not flat... different story. You will need to make sure it doesn't hit the bushing when fully tight, or anything else in the way..
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Thanks guy... I'll be revisiting this reel for match #2 this week. I'll be letting you know how it goes.
I love the stars and it worked perfectly on a 113h stock handle but maybe I screwed up some where... Wouldn't be the first time  ::)
Keep ya posted,
Dom

Alto Mare

Dom, how many full turns do you get when you tighten  the handle screw? I get almost 7 full turns with a stock handle cranking down tight. If I had less than 3 1/2 turns with that screw on a custom handle, I would be a little concerned.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Heres what I have in stock at the moment:
4 handles with holes for the 114/115
3 handles with holes for 116+
1 shark handle for 114/115

broadway

Sal,
  I'm gonna have to get back to you with that answer because I have my work horses at the boat rigged and ready for wednesday.
I'll plan on taking them home and playing with them Wednesday night.
For sure, the way I did it I didn't get 7 cranks.
Stay tuned... Thanks
Dom

jonnou

How  does he survive without a Belt sander  :o :o

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on September 08, 2014, 03:19:36 AM
Sal,
  I'm gonna have to get back to you with that answer because I have my work horses at the boat rigged and ready for wednesday.
I'll plan on taking them home and playing with them Wednesday night.
For sure, the way I did it I didn't get 7 cranks.
Stay tuned... Thanks
Dom
Dom, the reason I asked is that some of the handles that I've seen lately here appear to be too thick. Lee's thickest handle that I have for the larger reels is .180" I get 4 1/2 turns with the handle screw on that one on a 6/0 and I'm ok with that.
The notch on the gear sleeve increases as the reel gets bigger.
Jigmaster sizes handle thickness from Penn is only .120" the mid size 6/0 is from .135 to.160" and the largest size 16/0  is .190"
dimensions are close but not accurate, some have different measurements.

Three se7ens

My online store is up, and all of the products I have in stock are shown.  You can pay via paypal, or you can select the manual payment option at checkout if you wish to mail me a check for your order.

http://motivefab.com/products-page/pennreels

broadway

Just checked it out... looks good, bro!
an't wait to see what's next on your project board ;)
Best of luck with the new shop,
Dom

Shark Hunter

Looks Good Adam! I can't believe you have the Shark Handles on there. That is way Cool! ;D
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Adam, I was unaware  :o   you have the anti-reverse parts for my 9500SS... Next paycheck, sold!

ETA: Couldn't risk one of the limited five sets slipping away from me...  Sold!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Three se7ens

Quote from: ChileRelleno on September 15, 2014, 10:58:23 PM
Adam, I was unaware  :o   you have the anti-reverse parts for my 9500SS... Next paycheck, sold!

Just got them up for sale yesterday, you arent exactly late...  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10216.msg113182#new  theres the original thread if you missed it before, and I even uploaded a video of it in operation.

Back to the handle arms, Ive been working on another design for Sal.  I hope to have these in stock and added to my store sometime next week.

garking84

Very nice design.  I hope they are available soon

Shark Hunter

Those arms look Sweet Adam. ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

As an update... i was able to fit the drag stars on all 4 of my work horses. I had to remove the top metal washer (Dawn's thin ones) and replace it with one of Bryan's ultra thin washers.  They're perfect now!
PS- I put the indent part of the star facing the reel ;)
Thanks Adam... can't wait to use them on the stripers soon.
Dom