2015 PEI Giant tuna Trip!

Started by jiggingworld, September 16, 2015, 04:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggingworld

800lb giant blue tuna safely released. We fished 4 days straight but only hooked up two fish. I landed this giant on our custom build Ghost Hunter Giant blank. This year is the first time I used bent butt, it really helps the angler. Greg hooked up his fish on third day but line dig in popped 200ln JB hollow line.
It was frustrating as we marked so many fish and they don't want to byte!
Tackle used:
Jigging World Ghost hunter Giant Blank.
Okuma Makaira 50 Special Edison w/JW Power Handle
JB 200lb white Hollow core
75 feet momoi 200lb wind-on(made by me^^)
25ft Seaguar Blue label Fluorocarbon.

Dominick

800lbs. wow!  congratulations.  I'd like to see one of the moderators resize the pictures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jiggingworld

Sorry. We just linked our facebook picture link. We will reduce it again.

Yong.

Tiddlerbasher

:o I'd like to see some of that sashimi on my plate :D :D

Newell Nut

Now that is a nice workout. May have to skip the gym a couple days after catching one of those. ;D
Congratulations on the catch.

handi2

That's amazing..!

Just a 100lb Yellowfin Tuna will wear me out..!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Steve-O

Quote from: Dominick on September 16, 2015, 05:18:39 PM
800lbs. wow!  congratulations.  I'd like to see one of the moderators resize the pictures.  Dominick

WOW! is right.....that fish barely fits on my 2 - 27 and 23 inch side by side monitors!

Can't imagine the workout.  Fish finders are good that way--showing you the fish down below that you aren't catching. ::) ;D

Beautiful Big Blues!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

lawaia

Very nice!  Wish our tuna grew that large.

newport

Wow, that's crazy! Was there a point where you just didn't want to do it anymore, lol? There's just something about tuna that I always been fascinated with.