Bait Questions

Started by Keta, May 12, 2014, 09:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndtuttle

Quote from: alantani on June 01, 2014, 06:47:46 PM
i was at the shop yesterday and just bought two boxes of 2/0 eagle claw laser sharps for 15 cents each.  if we get into dorodo, we will go through alot of hooks. 

great minds think alike!

;D

Aiala

Dorados...! Sometimes you don't even need bait.

Once on the Polaris Supreme we got into a HUGE wide-open bite of dorados... big ones, up to 40-50 lbs. They were so thick it was insane... the entire ocean was flashing green and gold. Now, dorados are one of the stupidest fish in the sea, and they proved it by biting anything we put on our hooks: old candy wrappers, used chewing gum, cigarette butts, even frayed threads from my cut-off shorts. Eventually Captain Tommy had to cut us off before we sank the boat with dodos... but we managed to pass the school off to the Red Rooster III, and they went just as nuts as we motored away.    :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Sounds exciting Aiala, but you need to be careful with cutting threads off your shorts ::) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

I've got plenty of cheapos but I prefer the Mustad 94150's over the 9174's.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

maxpowers

so far the bait situation is kinda dire for the shirt range trip.  mostly anchovies with minimal sardines and mackerel.  bait making seems mandatory on the shorter trips.  no one on the longer trips have chimed in about the bait situations.  most likely bait making will be mandatory.

Ron Jones

So, we definitely made bait. The blue fin weren't interested, but we had the candy to feed them. I'll never go saltwater without a sabiky for each day again. Didn't seem like anyone minded, the bait was thick and it is always fun pulling in e few pounds of mackerel at once.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

looks like they had sardines today!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!