It was worth the wait.

Started by Alto Mare, May 22, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

A little while back, with the help of  couple of members here, I purchased a reel from New Zeland.
When I got home today the box was waiting for me....It was worth the wait.
Here are some pix of the reel:

To me, this beauty appears to be new, never used

Jeremy (Jaypeegee) thanks for making this possible, I know what you went through, you have lots of patience
I would also like to thank Matt (Mattman NZ), this reel was delivered to him by mistake. He packed it nicely and sent it to Jeremy.
Matt, how did you manage to let go of such a beautiful reel ;D.
Guys, I'm here if you need anything, just drop me a line.
All the best, Sal
PS this kind of thing only happens here.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

handi2

Damn Lee...

I had 3 of these I sold on eBay 2 years ago..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Mattman NZ

Hi Sal - I sent it back to Jeremy because he noticed the wrong reels were sent to us by mistake and it was the right thing to do and thanks to Jeremy he pointed the mistake out.
Mines been used and i'm more than happy with mine it just needed a good clean + new bearings should be here in a day or two.
I knew you would like it Sal. ;D

Ron Jones

Sal,
I know you are the reel wizard, but I'm thinking that one needs to be put in a glass case and left alone, it should be in a museum some day.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

harryk3616

beautiful  sal     use it in the best of health and catch some big ones, reel  nice.

Cone

Congratulations Sal, that reel is in excellent condition. You deserve it. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

you know, i think i've got one of these somewhere.  i need another raffle prize for the trip......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Thanks guys.
Ron, you're right, I'm thinking I will leave this one as is, no double dogs ;D

Alan, if you could, hold on to that reel until I get to join you guys, maybe on the next one. ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jaypeegee

Hi.

I am very glad to see the reel made it to you
It was my pleasure being able to help out.

floating doc

Quote from: handi2 on May 22, 2014, 12:44:04 AM
Damn Lee...

I had 3 of these I sold on eBay 2 years ago..!!

I might have bought one of them. That's about the time I got my 970.
Central Florida

CapeFish

Very nice reels! Penn should have done more to market and promote them years back and maybe even expanded on the range. So we are waiting for a new serious of pics where you belt out a 100m cast  :) :)

Alto Mare

Quote from: CapeFish on May 22, 2014, 12:42:17 PM
Very nice reels! Penn should have done more to market and promote them years back and maybe even expanded on the range. So we are waiting for a new serious of pics where you belt out a 100m cast  :) :)
Don't hold your breath Leon, I'm not much of a surf caster, but I wouldn't mind see a pro like yourself go at it. ;)
These reel make good boat reels as well, I have a couple used ones for my boat.
The new one shown above will stay home.