Good luck and Tight lines

Started by R46chevy, June 13, 2014, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R46chevy

Hey everyone who is going.

Tight Lines

alantani

the big push is today.  looking for stuff in my garage just makes things worse!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

You all have an enjoyable, productive and above all a safe trip, sure wish I was over there with you.

You certainly have different fishing to us here in the U.K. your fish are BIG, and so are your reels!!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Porthos

Quote from: Jerseymic on June 14, 2014, 09:10:28 PM...You certainly have different fishing to us here in the U.K...

You're letting that stop you?

There's nothing wrong with having a shiny 100+ lb rig displayed as the pièce de résistance, modern, industrial sculpture over your fireplace.

Case in point: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9201.0

;)

Jerseymic

Quote from: Porthos on June 15, 2014, 05:46:52 AM
Quote from: Jerseymic on June 14, 2014, 09:10:28 PM...You certainly have different fishing to us here in the U.K...

You're letting that stop you?

There's nothing wrong with having a shiny 100+ lb rig displayed as the pièce de résistance, modern, industrial sculpture over your fireplace.

Case in point: http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9201.0

;)

That is a stunning line-up, but well beyond my price range :(

Rn2care4u

Hello all. Just a newbie. But I enjoyed reading all the post over the last few months.   Go get me and have fun.   I'll be on a 6 day and 10 day later this year but I wish I was on this trip.....

maxpowers

Good luck on your trip everyone.  Sorry I could not get to meet you guys today.  The boat came in at a little over 7 PM and by the time I got out of the parking lot it was already half past 8.  Fishing was very slow in the 2 days range.  3 bluefins hooked up and 2 landed.  Maybe 20 Yellow Tails total for the boat.  Most kelps were dried.  Got to test out the Lethal 100 on a 15 lbs yellow and landed it in 3 minutes.  Wasn't a fair fight for the yellow at all.

Mike

Nessie Hunter

Sure got quiet in here???   LOL
Get em you all!!! 
Need some on the water updates!!!   :)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Shark Hunter

Evidently, there is no Service on the Spirit of Adventure.
I hear crickets chirping. :D
Life is Good!

Aiala

A lot of the top-end boats advertise free WiFi: Royal Star, Intrepid, Independence, Red Rooster III, Excel, etc.

To my mind, in this day and age, it should be standard throughout the LR fleet. 

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

They probably made a rule not to post anything until they get back. Or they are catching fish like crazy and don't have time. ;D
I hope its the latter. ;)
Life is Good!

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Aiala on June 18, 2014, 08:50:25 PM
A lot of the top-end boats advertise free WiFi: Royal Star, Intrepid, Independence, Red Rooster III, Excel, etc.

To my mind, in this day and age, it should be standard throughout the LR fleet. 

~A~

This is something I wholeheartedly agree with.  Granted, the majority of the time, the wifi is used for nonsense (facebook, bloodydecks, etc etc), having the ability to check on work stuff while on a vacation is supremely important in this modern world that we live in.  Charge an extra $20 per person per trip and get the wifi.  It'd be worth $20 to me.

bluefish69

I misplaced my phone for almost 2 months. All I can say is the silence was golden. Then I found the darn thing. It's a PITA

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Aiala

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 20, 2014, 11:17:21 PM
It's a PITA.

Agree 100%. But unlike a phone, WiFi isn't intrusive; its use is purely optional. Me, I can't see sailing on a boat that doesn't offer it, when so many excellent vessels do.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

SoCalAngler

I get on boats to fish, eat, sleep, BS and have fun. If I wanted to have internet access, check e-mails, make phone calls, tweet I wouldn't go fishing. I know its a up to every person on what they would like to do but for me I cant wait to turn off the cell phone and unwind.