SOA Charter: What do you get?

Started by Big Tim, June 22, 2014, 01:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Say What?
Nobody used the Tank? :o Oh, The Humanity! They missed out on a sweet little powerhouse of a reel. ::)
That's all I have to say about that. :P
Life is Good!

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on June 23, 2014, 11:59:22 PM
Oh that sucks, I thought Alan left it! As it turned out, I used it's older brother, a Newell YTS with 4:1 Pro Gears and all sorts of stainless stuff from here. Loved it. If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron

Ron: You rocked that little reel  ;D But I think my favorite moment of the trip is when you pulled up your boot straps and no matter how bad you were feeling you caught that Ray  ;D ;D ;D That sucker dragging you side to side on the back of the boat was a blast to watch!!! If I remember correctly that reel you used was one you built? You kept trying to hand it off but we all just said no and cheered you on  ;D I am glad we all have someone like you protecting us. Thank you.

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on June 23, 2014, 10:54:45 PM
it was out and i think everyone knew.  most guys had smaller reels. 
That would have been my choice if I was there, maybe next time. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 24, 2014, 12:04:37 AM
Say What?
Nobody used the Tank? :o Oh, The Humanity! They missed out on a sweet little powerhouse of a reel. ::)
That's all I have to say about that. :P

I used mine.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Porthos

Quote from: noyb72 on June 23, 2014, 11:59:22 PM...If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron
That 27 was my way of avoiding an Avet SX...wanted to NOT go with the "herd" and still be "made in the U.S.A." Glad you enjoyed using it! Your YT means that it brought in a total of THREE YT.  ;D  It's a success!

Opened up the right side yesterday and inspected the 13-200 pinion...there was no observable wear from when I installed it. It's ready to go for the 2015 Alan Tani Charter!!!  ;)

Look forward to see the pics from your 27 build.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

nice report Tim! hope to see you at the June AT.com 2015 SOA Trip. btw thanks buddy!

Big Tim

Quote from: Porthos on June 24, 2014, 02:31:01 AM
Quote from: noyb72 on June 23, 2014, 11:59:22 PM...If anyone thinks a model 27 Monofil built to the hilt with a Tib frae is silly, they haven't caught a YT with one, I loved it.

Ron
That 27 was my way of avoiding an Avet SX...wanted to NOT go with the "herd" and still be "made in the U.S.A." Glad you enjoyed using it! Your YT means that it brought in a total of THREE YT.  ;D  It's a success!

Opened up the right side yesterday and inspected the 13-200 pinion...there was no observable wear from when I installed it. It's ready to go for the 2015 Alan Tani Charter!!!  ;)

Look forward to see the pics from your 27 build.

Wai to go on that reel my new friend...And by the way...Nice drink after the tag team yellow  ;D ;D ;D

Porthos

Quote from: Big Tim on June 24, 2014, 10:35:04 PMWai to go on that reel my new friend...And by the way...Nice drink after the tag team yellow  ;D ;D ;D

May bring another one or something better on the next trip.

Keta

Quote from: Porthos on June 25, 2014, 12:41:17 AM

If you just bring yourself it will make the trip better, I enjoyed fishing and chanting with you even if you were always Wong.  The same can be said of everyone on the trip.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on June 25, 2014, 12:46:33 AM
Quote from: Porthos on June 25, 2014, 12:41:17 AM

If you just bring yourself it will make the trip better, I enjoyed fishing and chanting with you even if you were always Wong.  The same can be said of everyone on the trip.
Yeah, pretty cool Lee  I heard you chanting "get the gaff, get the gaff."  Way to go.  You can use that chant during your yoga classes.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Quote from: Big Tim on June 24, 2014, 12:28:54 AM

Ron: You rocked that little reel  ;D But I think my favorite moment of the trip is when you pulled up your boot straps and no matter how bad you were feeling you caught that Ray  ;D ;D ;D That sucker dragging you side to side on the back of the boat was a blast to watch!!! If I remember correctly that reel you used was one you built? You kept trying to hand it off but we all just said no and cheered you on  ;D I am glad we all have someone like you protecting us. Thank you.

You mean this Ray:
http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s660/noyb72/SOA/IMG_0481_zps5dc1ab56.jpg

That was a lot of fun. Especially when it came back after I thought I lost it. The reel was my Tuna Special w/60 on it.
Thank you all for the opportunity to serve.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

chief, can i put your photos up?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

chief, nice! thanks for sharing... :)

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

terraformer

Thank you Alan for this unforgettable trip!  Couldn't have gone out with a better group of guys.  No anger, everyone calm and cool even while lines getting tangled, everyone using toilet seats properly  :)

Big Tim!  You got a heart of gold.  I still owe you one!  Here is your sunset photo!