Penn 12/0 drag problems

Started by TheReelGuy850, July 10, 2014, 04:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

You have an extra drag washer on top. I wouldn't mess up the order they are in. You can either remove the extra drag washer, or put another eared on top of it to make an 8 stack. The top of the stack should end up with an eared washer and not a drag washer. The red washer under the main is normal. I am replacing all mine with Delrin. Its much smoother. You definitely need to grease those drags up with some Cal's before buttoning it back up.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Remove that last drag washer and you should be good.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

crackerman

Yeah, i have some cal's to lube it all with.
Thanks for all your help guys. I have a couple parts to order to get er back in shape.
I appreciate the help.

Shark Hunter

I just got my order from scotts. I ordered 5 complete sets of 12/0 metal washers. A couple tubs of Penn Blue and some more .120 cf from Erik. Since I'm punching my drags now, and wanted to check the new washer thickness to the old. They both measured .160 even measuring across the entire washer, there was only .004 difference.
Thanks for the info on the spacer causing the top washers to warp John. I will not use that spacer any more unless I have to. From my calculations. I come up with 1.96 total stack height with the .120 cf verses 2.05 with the stock HT-100's. That works for me, and is way more economical.
Life is Good!