Night Time Fishing SF

Started by mrbrklyn, June 20, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

There is no Night time fishing on party boats in SF?  I was just told it is against the law.  It is hard to imagine with all this alcohol and all this waterfront.

Dominick

Ruben:  I don't know much about party boats as I owned my own boat until a couple of years ago.  As far as it being illegal to fish at night, I rather doubt that is true.  As far as fishing on one of the party boats I won't go out in weather like it is forecast.  What is your schedule beside wanting to fish?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

johndtuttle

It may be against some regulation to operate a commercial boat in the bay that serves etoh and fish at the same time at night or this also may be due to navigational hazard in the dense fog the SF can get at times???

However, unless something has radically changed plenty of private boats fish at night all around those parts.

I grew up in SF and have never heard of this law.

Dominick

Quote from: mrbrklyn on June 21, 2014, 01:21:02 PM
I booked the Argo http://argosportfishing.com/ for Monday.  It seemed to be recommended by other boats who were chartered on Monday.  I had a friend who I wanted to take out fishing but I can't find an operator.
Did they say anything about the weather?  What do you mean about an operator?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.