Liquid Wrench marine grease

Started by johnachak, July 05, 2014, 12:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnachak

Hi all,
I don't remember seeing this. If I missed it I apologize. Has anyone tried the Liquid Wrench marine grease for reels?

johndtuttle

Any marine grease will work, some are thicker/thinner than others.

The idea is to find one readily available to you at the right price then work with it thinning it as needed.

johnachak

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping one of the members here tried it and could tell me about it's consistency. Some greases might as well be glue if you put them in a reel. I guess If I get a tube and it's too thick, I'll have enough for screw holes for a long time.

bluefish69

I had a tube of Hot Sauce Grease that was too thick for me. I painted screw holes, inside rings & inside side plates till it was gone.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

johnachak

I'll stick with my Penn blue on the gears etc. And of course, good old Cals on the drags. I normally use Penn oil too but since Alan likes Corrosion X, I bought a bottle and I have done a few reels with it. I mostly use it in spool bushings. I want to see how much longer it'll last than the Penn oil.

johndtuttle

Quote from: johnachak on July 20, 2014, 01:10:26 PM
I'll stick with my Penn blue on the gears etc. And of course, good old Cals on the drags. I normally use Penn oil too but since Alan likes Corrosion X, I bought a bottle and I have done a few reels with it. I mostly use it in spool bushings. I want to see how much longer it'll last than the Penn oil.

Pretty sure Penn Oil is Corrosion-x in another bottle.

johnachak

It has worked well for me so far. I still have a few 4oz bottles of Penn around.