Penn Spinning Reels with HT100 use Penn Blue Grease on the washers.

Started by johnachak, July 17, 2014, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnachak

I'll be finding out soon how It works. I am servicing my nephew's Penn Fierce. I got the HT100 drag upgrade kit. I'll try the Penn blue on those washers. We'll see what he thinks.

handi2

I had a brand new Penn Conflict come in for a pre use corrosion package I do to all reels and sure enough just like all the other new Penn reels it was greased everywhere with the light blue grease. The drags, clicker and spring under the spool, handle shaft joint, on top and around the AR assembly, under the reels bottom cover, and everywhere else was greased. Good Job Penn..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

johndtuttle

Quote from: handi2 on July 31, 2014, 11:12:09 PM
I had a brand new Penn Conflict come in for a pre use corrosion package I do to all reels and sure enough just like all the other new Penn reels it was greased everywhere with the light blue grease. The drags, clicker and spring under the spool, handle shaft joint, on top and around the AR assembly, under the reels bottom cover, and everywhere else was greased. Good Job Penn..!!

I think we can thank Alan Tani for that, tbh. He influenced Okuma to start really pre-servicing their reels and that positive buzz has others following. :)

johnachak

Alan has to have had a positive effect. Many new reels including Penns I saw the last few years had barely a brushstroke of grease. As I posted in another thread I had on a 920, I saw only a tiny spot of grease inside the entire reel. Years ago I heard that you need to open up and grease a new reel. I thought they were nuts until I opened up a new reel I bought and I was shocked at how little lube was in there.

alantani

nothing would change until consumers started demanding change.  it's been slow, but we are winning!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Not sure what is inside my Torque 7 spinner. Fishes good so I have not opened it.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

I ordered it just before I got the 950 from you. It was on order for about 3 months. If I had gotten the 950 sooner I never would have ordered it but the 950 has a nice home on a one piece 11' Lamiglas surf rod. I need to build a rod for the 850 and keep a wire rig on it for tossing bait to king macs and keep the torque rigged for mangos.

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL