Upgrading drags on a 700&704

Started by Alto Mare, August 03, 2014, 10:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Thanks Dwight! I wasn't thinking about safety, I'm  used to cutting freehand, but usually I use these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130885906276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
these can touch you and won't cut you, they're similar to the bits the dentist uses in your mouth.
If you want to use that same bit from Dwight, I would think about it, that one will cut you.
Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that one.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

I use mine freehand but I have the long flexible shaft on my dremel. I can create some neat stuff with those bits and they last for years. You are not supposed to use the darn things for trimming your nails you know. That is risky. ;D

Alto Mare

;D ;D
I wasn't worried about me I don't have an issue using it, but I've been using power tools for a long time.
Can't just go in there with that bit, you have to work it and show who's the boss ;).
Those bits mean business, I'm still using the first one you gave me last year.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

That bit will last you years. If it ever breaks I have some to share buddy. No need for you to buy any. I bought a box of those things for $5 at a tool flea market about 20 years ago and only broke 1 I think. I like them so much that I bought 10 more bits just to stash away.

Alto Mare

Let me refresh your memory old man, you sent me three of those bits, not one. From what I've seen so far, I'm set for life ;), the first is still cutting as it just came out of the box.

Shark Hunter

Are those any good at double dogging plates?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

No, those will make a mess on the plate. The bits that have been working out for me are the ones I'm showing at the top of this page, those will also last a long time.
That reminds me, I need to order another set.
Bit number 3 and number 9 from the right, do a great job on plates.