Pistachio crusted rockfish

Started by the rockfish ninja, August 31, 2014, 10:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Inspired by Dom's salmon cook up & some tasty looking fish Mrbrklyn posted, I decided to put up one of my fav mediterranean fish presentations. Greek style with a Byzantine influence.

(fish)
-Rockfish or similar fillets
-salt
-white pepper
-paprika
-pistachio
-olive oil

(veggies)
-squash (zucchini,yellow,or your choice, many different veggies will do)
-tomato
-onion
-garlic
-salt, pepper of choice, oregano,basil, olive oil

*I leave the measurements out cause much traditional greek food is prepared to taste and we tend to use the palm of the hand as a measuring spoon.

1-Crunch up some pistachios, add salt, pepper, paprika. (the pic shows my approx mixture)
2-*(Optional) Dip fillets in milk, then flour, then milk, then pistachio mixture. Set aside to let crust adhere to fillets. *I say optional cause I bypass the flour but if this is your first attempt, the flour helps the crust  
  stay on better.
3-Chop veggies bite size. Garlic & onion diced.
4-Pan fry fish at med heat, too high will scorch the coating, turn carefully (trying to avoid knocking off the crust) cook evenly both sides.
5-Heat up another pan, sautéed garlic & onions to caramelized, add veggies (squash first, tomato second) try to get an even constancy of tenderness among them. Add spices at the final stage of cooking.
6-Plate the fish, add veg, serve with bread & salads of your choice, enjoy!!!

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

the rockfish ninja

-more pics.

the rockfish ninja

-some more pics

Dominick

Yum:  I love Greek food.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!