how to get this anti reverse cam spring back in?!?

Started by cabrego, August 25, 2014, 05:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabrego

I am trying to get part number 1711 in the diagram back in it's proper home but have not had any luck. It's a long shot but was hoping for some advise. I've been staring at this longer than I'd like to admit. I've searched online every where and haven't found much.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/shimano/Shimano_AX500S.PDF

cabrego

Just to be clear, I am not exactly sure where it needs to go, there does not seem to be a hole on the fram to hold one end and the gove in the game seems too big to keep it in position.

johndtuttle

I don't have experience with this reel but took a look at the schematic and will interpret what I saw.

The Lever Spring (1702) goes underneath the Bail Trip Lever (1728) and is held there by the Bail Trip Lever Screw (1704). Typically one arm goes around the spring to secure it and the other goes into a nook to hold it in place. It's purpose would be to return the lever once it is tripped.

Hope this helps. :)

cabrego

Quote from: johndtuttle on August 25, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
I don't have experience with this reel but took a look at the schematic and will interpret what I saw.

The Lever Spring (1702) goes underneath the Bail Trip Lever (1728) and is held there by the Bail Trip Lever Screw (1704). Typically one arm goes around the spring to secure it and the other goes into a nook to hold it in place. It's purpose would be to return the lever once it is tripped.

Hope this helps. :)

You are exactly right, it is hard to see in the picture I posted but that lever spring (1702) is actually in place.  My question is regarding spring 1711  it appears to be connected to 1710 (pictured) but I can't figure out where exactly it is suppose to go.