What advantage does a 112H as over......

Started by Marcq, August 21, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have a wide Newel kit I can't figure out what to do with, all of my 112H reels are now narrow.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CooldadE

Lee, I'm curious what kind of fish are you targeting with those narrow 112h reels .
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Ron Jones

Lee,
Is your kit a Blue Fin or a Tuna special? You have my second favorite thing in the world (the first being YTS kits.)
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

garking84

Lee, if I didn't have tiburon frames on all my 112h's I would have  bought it from you.   By the way do you have any arms available?  Back to subject I believe the 112h is a very strong reel,  I catch 4 -6 foot alligator gar all the time with mine. 

Keta

Quote from: CooldadE on August 21, 2014, 03:40:40 PM
Lee, I'm curious what kind of fish are you targeting with those narrow 112h reels .

Mid depth bottom fish and albacore trolling.

It's the Tuna Special and as of now it isn't for sale.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

handi2

I've built 6 112H reels lately thanks to Bryan's drag washers. They will put out 25 lbs. of drag all day with more if needed. I have pulled 35lbs of smooth drag on one of them.  The Kayak guys around here love them.

I personally like the size, feel, and looks of the 112H.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Quote from: handi2 on August 21, 2014, 10:28:07 PM
I've built 6 112H reels lately thanks to Bryan's drag washers. They will put out 25 lbs. of drag all day with more if needed. I have pulled 35lbs of smooth drag on one of them.  The Kayak guys around here love them.

I personally like the size, feel, and looks of the 112H.
Not arguing with you Keith or anything like that, the most I got with a jigmaster was 24lbs using Bryan's kits. Holding drag is a different story.
I get around 30lbs  with my 4/0 tank , but no way close with a jigmaster  and I wouldn't want to :-\. If you are getting 35lbs, please share how you're doing it. Btw, with parts availability, I still say the jigmaster is a better reel, but that's just me.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 21, 2014, 12:26:11 PM
Here you go Mike:
https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/1-500S.aspx
Scotts is out of them, I wouldn't be surprised if Ron grabbed them all ;D, but you should still be able to find them, if you look around.
I did not hunt them down, simply because I believe the  501 plates are just fine, I caught a nice size shark with one of those and they never blew up,  that was good enough for me.

Thanks Sal,

I was just interested, for what I will be using my reel for it will certainly be strong enough as is.

Mike.