Daiwa Issues

Started by franky, August 19, 2014, 07:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franky

I'm not sure if I am just not dealing with the right contact person.  :( >:(

I ordered an spool adjuster cap for the Daiwa Sealine 50 SHA on August 4.  According to Daiwa, the shipment went out on August 6.  I called Daiwa on the 13th and told them that I got the invoice in the mail and the charge on my credit card.....but I did not get the adjuster cap  :-\.  

The guy told me that while the invoice gets mailed out, sometimes the order takes a couple of days to assemble and pack....it should be there in a couple of days or so.  Hmm, today is now the 20th and still no item.  >:(  Were talking about one adjuster cap and they are shipping from California to Hawaii!  :o

When I order things from Shimano and/or Dawn from Smoothdrag, I get the order within 3 or 4 days, and get this....both Shimano and Dawn are also from California. (Best Service! Thank you Shimano and Dawn  :))

Am I the only one getting these kinds of issues?  Can anyone else recommend someone at Daiwa that I should be working with?  Sorry for the rant, but Geeezzzz.... I hope someone from Daiwa is seeing this and maybe shake things up a little at Daiwa :-\  This is the second issue I've had with Daiwa.  Now even if the part comes in, I'm hesitant and embarrassed to contact my customer.  At this point, so late in the game, he'll probably change his mind or purchased the item elsewhere.  >:( :(

SoCalAngler

Hello franky,

I personally have had great service from Daiwa. I have needed small items from them that they sent me at no charge. The last item, a bearing retainer spring for my BG20H, they did not have in stock at the California location. I was told it was back ordered and after a couple of months I called them again to see what happened since I still didn't get the spring. At that time I was told they still had my order and when they get them they will ship it out. I was able to use a retainer from another reel with a mod and had forgotten about the part. About 4 months after the order went to Daiwa I get the part, I had totally forgotten about the part but they did ship it out when they got it.

Daiwa may have shipped your part but it may have got lost some where. I would think with a tracking number yourself or Daiwa could see what happened. If they don't have a tracking number my guess would be that your adjuster cap never left Daiwa.

Bryan Young

Never had any issues Franky.   Always have had great speedy service.  But I am in California now, so that could be one of my benefits.  Try calling again.  They may just send out a new part.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

franky

Thanks folks,

I called Daiwa yesterday and spoke to Thelma.  She told me that she was going to look into this and get back to me.

Thelma returned my call a few minutes ago and was not sure what happened to the first item.  She quickly told me that she will send out another item.

Thank you Thelma for returning my call and keeping me updated. I sincerely appreciate your help.  :)

foakes

Daiwa has always been excellent to work with...

They just get it done -- no drama, not an amateur operation.

Daiwa is one of the companies with a long history, decent and capable parts situation, and they have a business model based on customer service. 

Like some of the other companies,  sometimes they will just send you what you need at no charge.  While I do not expect service like that -- it is a refreshing reminder of how a company should operate.
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.