Tanacom 1000 Questions

Started by xaf, September 06, 2014, 05:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaf

Does anyone know of any tutorials for the electric Tanacom reels?  What type of internal maintenance would be wise or needed?  What type of material are the drags made of?  Any advantage to changing the drag material?  Greased/Non-greased?  Is there a better place to post these questions?  Any info would be appreciated.

handi2

I have and use 3 of them here in the Gulf of Mexico for deep dropping. The internals of the reel on the right side are basic conventional reel guts. I wouldn't go any further than that. The gear sleeve has tiny O rings on it to keep water out so be careful.

The drags are a paper material and work fine. After 2 years I did change mine to greased Carbontex. It's a little tricky getting the right side back on but it's not too bad. The post for the AR dog, the power switch, and the gear sleeve all have to line up perfectly for the right side to go back on.

I have pictures and I'll see if I can find them.

The schematics can be found online at Daiwa.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

xaf

Thanks, do you know what size corbonex washers fit?  Also, do you know if the display can be changed from meters to feet?   

handi2

I'm sure I punched out the washers myself. It's been a while. I don't think you can change the reading b/c if you can I would have done it by now..

There may be Carbontex replacements on the market by now.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL