Penn 500 dog doesn't engage always

Started by Hoochrip, August 30, 2014, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochrip

The gear does look like a chromed gear with some chroming missing in recess area. The gear looks like the one Sal has pictured on upper top right corner. I have newell gears but not a recessed gear to compare it to but the the metal looks a lot different than my newell gears. I was confused, never saw a jigmaster gear like that before. I put in a jigmaster steel gear I had and it is working great now. I'll play with the other when I get Shark Hunters washers and will let you guys know if this works out. Thanks for the pictures an knowledge from all on this site.

Hoochrip

I'll try to get a picture posted. Still new to this new technology, might have to get help from someone at work.

Hoochrip

This is a picture of the gear in question in the top left, the other two are some of the newell gears for comparison.
Thanks,
Hoochrip

Hoochrip

Washer under gear and close up of gear. I got someone who help me post these pictures. Now that I know I'll be able to better inform all.
Thanks,
Hoochrip

Tiddlerbasher

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of reels  :D

bluefish69

That washer looks too big. It looks the same size as the Drag Washer. The Washer you need is #4-60 Delrin you can get it from Dawn at Smooth Drag or Scott's B&T in N.J. same part #.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I thought it looked too big too Mike. I'm going to cut him some. He's in the same line as you! :D I just need to take one of my Jimasters apart.
Life is Good!

Hoochrip

Shark Hunter,
Did you see the great white attacked a kayak in Plymouth Ma, no one hurt? I used to spearfish and dive for lobster right where she was attack taking pictures of seal. Over 300 dives off that beach. My uncle who got me hooked on fishing as a 6 year old has a cottage across the street from that beach, met my wife at that cottage. Thanks for the help,
Mark

Shark Hunter

Yes I did Mark,
Lets See, They were Kayaking, photographing seals in waters that Great Whites are Hunting. The seals are hugging the beach, trying to stay out of range. Lets Kayak out further! It chewed up their kayak, but didn't hurt them. They were both blondes, by the way. ;D
Life is Good!

Hoochrip

Even my wife said what's wrong with them. Some people want to know how the bait feels. It was 12 miles south of last sighting in Duxbury.

bluefish69

Dawn at Smooth Drag has the best prices on these washers .50 each

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Hoochrip

Thanks Daron got the washers in the mail yesterday will throw them in later this week.
Mark