113h sticky gear sleeve

Started by anglingarchitect, September 09, 2014, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglingarchitect

When I put the pin in the sleeve binds, the washer between the bridge is too thick.

bluefish69

The Washer goes on top of the Sleeve not under it. I have Alan's SS Sleeve & there are 2 holes for the pin at different heights.

No Matter what the washer goes on top not under the Bridge Sleeve

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

anglingarchitect

That would explain it.

Got a ss dog so I can double dog it while I'm in there Mike?

Lensters

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 09, 2014, 02:49:49 PM
The Washer goes on top of the Sleeve not under it. I have Alan's SS Sleeve & there are 2 holes for the pin at different heights.

The "washer" appears to be stainless steel, in which case it isn't the plastic or fiber washer for on top, rather a shim because enough of the brass gear sleeve had worn away to make the handle sloppy.  If this is the case the ID will be too small to fit over the gear sleeve (which is good, you don't want anything metal there).
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

anglingarchitect

it's not ss but fiber so I assume it goes on top as posted earlier.

Lensters

Quote from: anglingarchitect on September 09, 2014, 04:15:23 PM
it's not ss but fiber so I assume it goes on top as posted earlier.

Ooops, my bad.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.