None specific mouse head designed reel for my daughters birthday!

Started by cwillis85, September 07, 2014, 02:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwillis85

Hello all, finished one of the side plates on the Long Beach 60 I picked up for my daughter. I bought my wife a Cameo printer/cutter for her birthday and used it to cut out this vinyl design. Should last about a year and then we move on to the next none specific character my daughter is in love with at that time, and when she is older it should all peel off without any damage to the reel. Now to find a decent rod that a child can handle easily.
Chris

cwillis85

And the handle side with a more specific name on it.
Chris

handi2

That's really cool..!! I bet she loves it and you a great dad for doing so..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

sundaytrucka

That is really nice, I am sure she will love the look. Besides being nice for your daughter, I feel this could open a trend for personalizing our Penns and other reels.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

cwillis85

It takes a little while to get the layout right and being new to the machine I'm sure the next set will turn out better but I like the outcome and it beats the setups you buy for kids that wouldn't hold up to the saltwater fishing. Luckily the cheap experimental vinyl cost $3 for a 1'x2' piece, thats allows for a lot of playing before getting the pricier marine grade. Thanks for the kind words. Next project will be new decals on my old Grady White!
Chris

Dominick

C good job. Keep encouraging the next generation.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

HOLEINTHEWATER

cwillis85

I appreciate all the praise guys. I have been letting her practice reeling with this reel before customizing, about a month now and she usually plays for 5 or 10 minutes before moving on. Today she balanced her time between her new custom reel and her new bike. If anyone else is looking for something similar let me know. I would be glad to see more kids end up with themed reels that are of good quality and less frustrating than the cheap guys you get at the super store. Just remember, non specific themes only.  ;D
Chris

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!