Penn 113hlw clicker side bearing removal

Started by crackerman, October 02, 2014, 03:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackerman

I am having issues removing the metal washer/ spacer out of the bearing cup that is hiding the bearing.
I am about to start using real force, but dont want to tear up the threads and cup.

How do yall remove it for service? Thanks

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

garking84

This is what I do. .  I leave the bearing cup screwed in to the side plate.  Place the side plate on a flat surface hold the plate down with one hand and pull the shield out with my other hand.  After doing this the bearing should come out very easily. Now the bearing on the handle side, that's a whole other story man did I struggle  >:(

Bryan Young

I pry it out with a flattened tipped, L-shaped stainless steel welding rod and pry it out with the bearing cup in place.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

crackerman

I have picks and whatnot, and enough tools to really tear something up. I'll give it another shot tonight with it in the side plate.
Thanks

Tom McKinney

I am having a similar problem.  I got the retainer out, but the bearing is stuck.  It's a very old reel, has the drags that are accessible without taking off the side plate.  Any thoughts on un-sticking?  I tried my homemade AlanTani bearing pulling hook but it just won't budge.  What should I soak it in?

Alto Mare

Yes at times they could be very hard to pull, these bearing pullers will handle  any situation.

unfortunately, the person that designed them is not easy to track. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rothmar2

I had the same problem until I saw these design bearing pullers as shown by Sal. So I made one myself, and the bearing came out easily using this tool. Its a shame reelspeed has gone missing, these pullers are very handy.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9301.0