millionaire 5hs ? s

Started by bigpoppa, November 03, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpoppa

I jus picked up an older millionaire reel yesterday and was wonder where the best place would be to find upgrades for it. I'm am going to get new bearings and the carbontechs drag washers for it. The foot number Is 634945 if that helps. Thanks in advance for any help and info.

foakes

Hi big poppa, and welcome!

The place most of the Pros use on this board is:

http://www.smoothdrag.com

Ask for and speak to Dawn --

Best place around for drags, and they carry bearings for Daiwa also.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

bigpoppa

I didn't know if there were parts like dual bearing worm gears and other parts like that. I am going to call dawn this week, she helped me out with a an ambassaduer reel a few weeks ago.

alantani

start with a drag washer upgrade to greased carbon fiber, then put a light coat of grease on all the metal surfaces, and clean/lube the spool bearings.  that will likely take care of most everything needed or possible wiith this reel. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bigpoppa